Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride steady

Default Ride steady

So after a long weekend of fluctuating speeds and yelling at my driver I have decided to do a speed control install. I purchased a perfect pass rpm/ paddle wheel and wasn't 100% sold on it so I never did the install. I purchased today a ride steady GPS system with water and air temp sensors. I went with this over perfect pass for a few reasons. 1 I have been emailing ride steady and perfect pass and justin from ride steady always got back to me with loads of info and quickly. Pp barely responded. 2 the options and price that justin offers with the ride steady were way better. I'm going to document the install on here over the weekend and let you know how it goes. Hopefully by then my girlfriend and brother are talking to me again.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Sounds interesting. I look forward to the review.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

My ridesteady came in the mail today. The gauge looks awesome. Installing it tomorrow, can't wait

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Just saw that they finally have new gauges...now i am tempted!

I recently installed the Ridesteady system in my 2002 Launch and couldn't be happier. Justin was extremely helpful when I had any questions when trying to make my decision between them and PP as well. Even after the sale, Justin continued to provide excellent customer service.. If you need help or have any questions hit me up. I took quite a few pics of my install as well.

Awesome, curious to hear more reviews and feedback of the latest RideSteady system. I have PP Wakeboard Pro (paddlewheel) and am very happy with it. I use GPS on the phone to calibrate it at slack tide or preferably when I'm not on tidal or flowing water. GPS cannot be consistent for me, and I wanted water temp anyhow so either way I was putting a hole in the boat. If I had to do it again with today's offerings I'd most likely go with RideSteady as they have paddlewheel and GPS on the same system along with what looks like a better display/interface.

So it's installed and tested. I was shocked how easy it was to install. I had one question about the 12v constant wire so I called justin and he answered it quickly. So here it goes. I removed the top gauge cluster and removed the right speedo. I plugged the line with a golf tee and kinked the hose and zip tied it, no leaks. I then ran the rpm wire to the rpm tach. Ran the 12v constant to the ignition switch, the ground to the rpm guage ground post. The 12v switched went to the ignition switch. The last connection is for illumination and ran that to the positive side of the left speedo light. Now onto the solenoid. Clamped it to the driver side exhaust hose. Ran the cable to the throttle as the manual suggested. Fished the power wire from the solenoid to the helm area following the steering cable route. I then mounted the brain box on the left kick panel over my heater vent. Start to finish it took me 1.5 hours. I still have to run the water temp sensor tomorrow when I put my boat back on the lift. I'm planning on running the wire for the sensor through the old speedo pilot tube.

On to the test:
    Programmed my name into the user mode and my speed which is 32mph for skiing. I then headed out onto the lake with my newly install ridesteady speed control. I activated the headunit and it was ready. Slammed down the gas and watched the speed climb to 34.2mph it then backed down to 31 and pretty much stayed on target. To stop the speed control, you can either turn it off with a press of a button or simply slow down the boat with the throttle. It will then tell you your stats for that run.

Over all I'm in love with it and I can't believe I have gone all theSe years without out a speed control. I have used pp and now ridesteady. The features, ease of use, and price win me over hands down, ridesteady all the way. The one sad feature is that my speedo is now accurate and I just found out my boat doesn't do 50mph which is my happy number. 48.5 oh well atleast no more fighting with the girlfriend over how she can't seem to keep a constant speed.)

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Cusefan78; 07-03-2014 at 10:04 PM.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

WOW! Thank you for the write up. Never heard of Ridesteady, but I will be looking into this now as well. How, where does the paddle wheel mount? Did you cut a hole in the hull(gasp!) or can it be mounted to the wake plate (that is where my paddle wheel and temp/depth sensors are now). Thanks again for the info!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

I bought the GPS version. No paddle wheel. I originally was going to do te classics version with te paddle wheel but after talking with justin decided on GPS. I do believe you can use the existing paddle wheel though. I think you would need a new pin connector. Email justin at hyrdophase and he would be able to answer that question. I will say after using it I'm glad I went GPS. I did mount the water temp sensor today. Had to run drill a new hole for the line. The speedo tube was too small and supra installed a tube with barb connectors. I'm guessing so it wouldn't kink the line when installing the fuel tank. All in all still a simple job. These inboards are so easy to run wires.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Thanks for your write-up. You may have sold at least one system for them
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz