Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride steady

Korey, I have been using it the past few days and love it. It's so easy to use. It holds speed Great. On turns it'll hold it within .2 mph and barely moves on straight always. So far I have tubed, wakeboarded, and skied with it on. Also for anyone interested in this brand, they offer one hundred dollars off if you take pictures of the install. I installed it Thursday and had the money back into my account on Saturday. Great company to do business with. Also the manual is extremely detailed. If you have any questions let me know and would be glad to help.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

It's been quite a while since this thread was active, but I just ordered my ridesteady this season, and am diving into the install after work tonight! Any other tips that weren't covered here? Bummer about the water temp sensor not fitting through the pitot tube - that was my plan there. Where did you put your air temp sensor? is it accurate?
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

I think I covered Everything. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I have been busy with work lately. I ran the air sensor up under the dash and I have an air net right in front of the drivers side window. Tucked it under the grate it's pretty accurate. Water temp isn't accurate when moving cause the exhaust hits it. When I stop moving it works great. Let me know how you like it. Best thing I ever did.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Cool! I got a little slowed down last night by getting the boat from storage and then sidetracked by messing with trailer brakes (had a shoe fall apart on my tow home! I guess better now than on I75 this weekend!), so I didn't get all the way through the ridesteady install. So far, it's nice and simple. Mounted the motor to the port side exhaust tube behind the riser, installed the gauge, made the electrical and tach connections, mounted the GPS receiver and routed that cable. Now just to mount and route cables for both temp sensors, route the motor cable, button up and power it up! I think I'll be able to knock that out tonight!
    Korey Morris -

I just remembered something. Replace all the nuts with lock nuts on the throttle lever. I had one come off last year while pulling a skier.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Just wanted to say I installed a ridesteady system on my 2006 24ssv and love it. It works flawlessly and is easy to use. I no longer get mad at anyone driving for me, as the ridesteady does all the work for them. Enjoy it!
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Finished my install Sunday morning and hit the water! I skipped the water temp sensor for now because of the pain of routing it, I'll get back to that some other time..

The system works flawlessly right out of the box! I haven't set up users yet - I just made speed adjustments between riders/sports, but it's so easy! I can't wait to dive deeper into some of the parameters and get my wakeboard pull fully dialed in! Held speed amazingly precisely, even in my carburated big block (not known for precise throttle response) boat heavily weighted down to surf! It became instantly apparent what a couple of tenths of a MPH will do for your surf wake!

The screen is nice and easy to read in the sun, the rotary knob is far superior to the push buttons on competing systems, it's cheaper (once you get the $100 rebate for documenting your install), it's easer to tell when the system is on or off than PP systems that I've used, I like the mechanical simplicity of the "throttle reduction" scheme, and they have been super easy to deal with (you can't even BUY Perfect pass without calling in your order, I hate that)!

Ridesteady all the way, 5/5 stars!

Also, RE: lock nuts,
    Mine came with nuts with star type locking washers attached. Are those what rattled loose on you, or were they regular nuts with no locking device at all?
    Last edited by korey; 06-02-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Korey Morris -

Those nuts rattled loose. Got lock nuts and no issues since.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Just a quick check-in after using Ridesteady for a few months..

HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT THIS?! The system works beautifully! I had a little hiccup 2 weeks ago, and Justin responded instantly via email while I was still on the water. Guided me to find a broken wire that could have been manufacturing error just as easily as it could have been my installation error. I stripped the offending wire back further and jammed it in the connector to continue my weekend, while he sent out a new GPS antenna at his cost which i received yesterday! Some of the best customer service that I have ever encountered! Highly recommended!
    Korey Morris -

Nice. Currently im working on ironing out some bugs with the Steadypass. Mine failed last month due to voltage spikes when cranking the boat. He should have everything all dialed in very soon.

Fwiw, what are your response/overshoot settings?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk