Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ride steady

Steadypass fried again, this time updating it. Apparently there's a way to flash it without zapping it that I wasn't aware of...

Either way I'm done. It's been a whole summer of messing with it and not getting it to work skill but one time (and even then, it couldn't see the rpm so it would go to sleep)

Reading all the reviews on ride steady, I'm ponying up for them instead of pp

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Dima is having trouble with his product. I spoke with him directly for a while about getting involved with him, as I had started down the Arduino based D-I-Y GPS Speed Control on my own. In the end, I took the plunge and ponied up the cash for a system that someone else had shaken the bugs out of, and couldn't be more happy! 22 pulls yesterday and about 1.3 hours of actual ride time with three new riders and I still got to rip behind my own boat with a first time driver at the helm. RideSteady MAKES my day every time i have to stick someone new in the hotseat - even more so when it's my new(ish) girlfriend and I don't have to be bitchy about a bad pull
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Sorry to hear that Dima is having trouble with his product. I spoke with him directly for a while about getting involved with him, as I had started down the Arduino based D-I-Y GPS Speed Control on my own. In the end, I took the plunge and ponied up the cash for a system that someone else had shaken the bugs out of, and couldn't be more happy! 22 pulls yesterday and about 1.3 hours of actual ride time with three new riders and I still got to rip behind my own boat with a first time driver at the helm. RideSteady MAKES my day every time i have to stick someone new in the hotseat - even more so when it's my new(ish) girlfriend and I don't have to be bitchy about a bad pull
    Yeah, I was really looking forward to it since I had a background in it that I grabbed up so it looked stock. Of all the times it only worked once, and when it did, the rpm signal was not present so it would go to standby every 10 mins.

I think one of the main problems is EMI. I noticed the ride steady uses many different plugs with shielded cables and they want them ran separate and not bundled with engine wires. I think having one plug and unshielded wires probably took some EMI from my motor and tweaked havoc on it.

He'll get there eventually. I was just hoping for something that would somewhat work and be less buggy.

At least he has been willing to work with me and has been helpful along the way. I just hope he gained something from me trying to work out the kinks

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
    Nice. Currently im working on ironing out some bugs with the Steadypass. Mine failed last month due to voltage spikes when cranking the boat. He should have everything all dialed in very soon.

Fwiw, what are your response/overshoot settings?

Sorry I just saw this. I'll be back up to my boat tomorrow and I'll look at my setting.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Welp, let's see how it does on Sunday

Solid.

https://youtu.be/QDt7VHqKSR8

For surfing and 1200 lbs in my 96 brendella, response is 99, overshoot 105. I just push the throttle down and leave it. Waves, wind, chop, doesnt matter now and it holds within .1

Well worth every penny. Even out of the box it worked great, and the fine tuning of the settings made it even better

Awesome!

I was out this Saturday and some thick cloud cover snick up on me, then some pretty heavy rain. No lightning, and the boat was already wet, so we stayed out surfing. At one point I lost all GPS signal and had to switch over to RPM mode (I keep an RPM profile set up for Wake and Surf now after I had a problem a few weeks ago), not sure if it was because of the rain and clouds, or if I have a problem - everything in the boat got really wet... Didn't even look at it after it sat overnight. Hopefully just a reception issue, I can accept that.
    Korey Morris -

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Awesome!

I was out this Saturday and some thick cloud cover snick up on me, then some pretty heavy rain. No lightning, and the boat was already wet, so we stayed out surfing. At one point I lost all GPS signal and had to switch over to RPM mode (I keep an RPM profile set up for Wake and Surf now after I had a problem a few weeks ago), not sure if it was because of the rain and clouds, or if I have a problem - everything in the boat got really wet... Didn't even look at it after it sat overnight. Hopefully just a reception issue, I can accept that.
    Scratch that, everything is good today. I think it was just clouds plus being down in a valley.
    Korey Morris -

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
    Steadypass fried again, this time updating it. Apparently there's a way to flash it without zapping it that I wasn't aware of...

Either way I'm done. It's been a whole summer of messing with it and not getting it to work skill but one time (and even then, it couldn't see the rpm so it would go to sleep)
    Came across this post just recently - wow time passed quick
    NorCal - remind me if I took that unit back, as it's been so long ago - can't be sure.

Still working on it. Lots of good changes, and dozens happy testers. But since I didn't quit my day job (like the Founder of RideSteady claims he did) - I am moving slow.

Only encouraging people with DYI skills to join. Because it is hard to beat PP or RS from my garage here. But units no longer been dying on people, that's for sure.
    black and white a.jpg

And a video from last summer by Sam (who's helping with coding, including an awesome and robust update tool)
    https://youtu.be/Eqp9w2fMbDk

Dmitry (aka SteadyPass)
    Last edited by Stunt Driver; 04-28-2020 at 06:42 PM.