Default New here - '86 Saltare

Hello all, I'm Korey and I just registered for your forum. I bought an '86 Saltare this spring and I'm loving it so far! I've got a few little projects to tackle on the boat, and it looks like there are a few things that I could use some "supra knowledge" on. More ont hat later, probably in a new thread. This is just an introduction!

This is my second inboard towboat, the first being a '70 Correct Craft Barracuda which I tackled many of the major "old boat" projects on (stringers/floor, hull re-finish, engine rebuild, trans rebuild, on and on and on). I sold the Correct Craft this spring looking to upgrade to something larger and newer - what started as a case of "two-foot-itus" turned into a boat over 5' longer! I had also intended to get into something without wood stringers - having done that job before, I was ready to move on - but this Saltare popped up in spectacular condition semi-locally and I was in love. As a lover of old loud things in general and growing up on big block powered I/O's a chance to own this boat was more than I could resist! In my research I've yet to find another this color!

I'm 29, and pretend to be a Mechanical Engineer in the industrial automation industry with a background in CNC machining when I'm not at the lake. I live in Lexington, KY and boat on pretty much any body of water within driving distance. My family has a houseboat on Dale Hollow, one of my best friends' family has a boat on Cumberland, and I personally love Laurel Lake, but have been know to frequent Herrington, Taylorsville, the Kentucky and Ohio rivers in several pools. I guess you could call me lake polygamous...

Like I said, she's and '86 Saltare with the 454. The hour meter says 1090 as of this weekend, but the previous owner (and the overall condition of the boat) told a story of the boat dying going into the lift one weekend, and him leaving the key on until the battery died. Whether or not that story is true, the boat is in great shape, and the 454 runs very strong. It both previous owners where well known around my friend's dock on Cumberland, and although I never knew either of them prior to my purchase, of course I noticed the big yellow Supra on the lift at the dock!

Picture time!
    http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...47203286_n.mp4

Last edited by korey; 07-01-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz