Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Up to you on that one. Doesn't help your wave at all, all it does is shoot the exhaust into the water. It helps quiet down the boats engine noise with you behind it, and also pushes the exhaust fumes in the water to decrease CO poisoning. I personally would have no use for one.
    Hrmmm... are fumes generally an issue surfing?
    Making the engine noise quieter is kinda appealing, I guess I need to get the boat out and start surfing and see if I think it'd be worth the money...

Thanks for your help again
    ---------------------------------------
    2007 24SSV

They can be. If you get headaches, they're probably an issue.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I've wanted an Fae for a couple years now, just can't justify the cost. We seem to do fine without.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Resurrecting this thread... Looking at an 08 24SSV and want to know more about the surf wake, I don't want to have to do a ton to get it to surf... would rather spend a bit more on a boat that is known for surfing then have a real hassle dealing with set up... seem that the suction cup wave devices seem to be working well on many of the boats I am looking at... how about this one..
    Thanks for any info..

There is a little setup on any boat with the speed, weight on each side, and wake-plate. It's not a big deal.

Does this boat have 1100s in the rear lockers? If not, you will need to buy them. $200/per bag.
    Does that hull work with a suck-gate? Yes, you can build one or buy one. $30-50 to build/$150-200 to buy

I think the 2008 still has the sprinkler valve system to fill the ballast. Yes, it will work, but it will be slow.
    You can upgrade to the Jabsco/Johnson reversible pumps. You can buy this online (wakemakers or other places). Not too hard to install.
    I think three zones will cost around $1000-$1500. everything is included in kit - pumps, wires, switches, fuses, valves, ballast hose, ball-valves, sealer, etc.
    Great upgrade. I this on my 22' 2007 SSV.

Otherwise, that is a great hull and plenty of room for people onboard. Good storage. Great surf wake. I do not own one, but surfed on that hull.

M-

Thanks that is good information, I thought I read something about the ballast pumps.

Has anyone tried / Installed a Wake Control system from Wakemakers?
    I have a 2006 Launch 24 SVV

Has anyone tried cuttingthe wake plate in half and operating the wakeplate independently right actuator from the left??
    Last edited by Docspringfield; 06-02-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Docspringfield View Post
    Has anyone tried / Installed a Wake Control system from Wakemakers?
    I have a 2006 Launch 24 SVV
    On my 2009 it wasn't possible. Transom shape was too complex with the curves, the deep shallow step, and minimal distance from hull bottom to underside of platform. I did build a platform mounted HDPE gate that makes a noticeable difference.
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by kennyk69 View Post
    On my 2009 it wasn't possible. Transom shape was too complex with the curves, the deep shallow step, and minimal distance from hull bottom to underside of platform. I did build a platform mounted HDPE gate that makes a noticeable difference.
    Do you have pics?