Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New SeaDek pad on my 24 SSV - pics of my process.

I finally got my SeaDek pad last night and got it put on. Here is the process I went thru, maybe it will help someone thinking about doing the same.

I started here, with the 3-piece black pad that was tracking black throughout my boat on the white vinyl.

Photo Jun 05, 3 50 07 PM.jpg

I was able to start peeling off some of the black pad, but it would come up in sections. The pieces that I couldn't pull up, I ended up using a drywall knife blade and hammering it under the pad. This was my last effort to get it off. It actually didn't do any damage and worked well. I was then left with this mess of adhesive leftover.

Photo Jun 29, 4 23 36 PM.jpg

I then used Mineral Spirits and smaller putty knife to scrap off the adhesive. I let the MS soak into the adhesive a little before I scraped it with the putty knife. Worked to get a majority of it off. I was then left with some small residual adhesive.

Photo Jun 30, 6 40 46 PM.jpg

Being a bit of a perfectionist, I worked to get it almost all gone. After finishing with the MS, I used a clean rag and Acetone to remove MS, debris, etc from the board to get it nice and clean.

Photo Jun 30, 8 11 43 PM.jpg

Before I put the new SeaDek down, I used window cleaner one last time. I then used the method from SeaDek's video on their website to apply the pad. It literally took me 5 minutes to put the pad down. End result - looks awesome!

Photo Jul 02, 7 53 43 PM.jpg

Looks great, nicely done.
    2006 Supra 21V

What an improvement, nice!!!!!

Kevin Allen

I like the custom Supra you added. I did this mod recently as well............I let my platform bake in the sun for a while to heat up the pad and the adhesive. After I got one edge of the old mat lose 99% of the glue came off in a long a tiring tug. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the surface and I agree the install is super easy.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

did you think about the teak look at all? I like but can't decide. My current one is gray with black padding. so I kind of
    like the teak with black thoughts

I did SeaDek 2 years ago - hated the black pad. Similar process to yours. Love it. Much more comfortable, looks great and no more black in the boat!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

can anyone look at the seadek website. It seems like they have the wrong configurations on the supra 24 ft models. I have a 24 launch ssv, but mine should be the 24 ssv. Can someone give me their opinion. Did they make different pad sizes. mine is a 2006

Does yours look like mine? I have a 2008 24 SSV - they didn't show mine as this one, until I talked to them:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ghlight=seadek

If so - I got the PDF from another member here and used it to order ...

M-SUP-12829-PV.pdf
    Last edited by tg0824SSVGG; 10-30-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Yes, Thanks. Did you think about doing the teak look at all? I know mine is in three sections now but it looks like everyone just covers the entire platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Griswold View Post
    Yes, Thanks. Did you think about doing the teak look at all? I know mine is in three sections now but it looks like everyone just covers the entire platform.
    I ordered samples from SeaDek and got the teak as one of them. At least when I was looking, it had "grooves" in it - which I thought might be problematic, even though
    it looked pretty cool - in the end, I went with just the grey, but did have "Supra" engraved into it - I don't know that I would spend the extra again for the name, unless it was
    something to name the boat ...