Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, dove into the trailer work over the last two weekends, and have something finished up. After considering photos that several of you posted (thank you very much!) and getting hands-on with the Pirata that I found in town I came up with a design. I reverse engineered the bow stop area of the Pirata's trailer, made some parts at work (I have access to a pretty amazing machine shop) and set to work at home - eventually dragging it back to work to finish some of the welding with the "big welder" since my little 110v powered MIG at home was struggling getting into the 1/4"+ wall tubing on the trailer. It turned out great, except for one detail. I put the parts together backwards! The geometry works out fine, but when I cut the parts at work (nice bandsaw), then rushed home to tack it all up, I blew right past my drawing and made everything "slanted back" instead of forward! It's all just a styling thing anyway, I kind of like it better this way! It's all burned in now, and I definitely won't be changing it...

One of those "Yep, still got it" moments

I tested it all last Sunday with a day trip to the lake, and am happy with the results. A little rustoleum and I'll mark this project off of the list! Thanks for the input from the community, and I hope that any information that is here comes in handy for someone in the future!
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Looks great and is a huge improvement over what you had. It's great what you can do with the right tools.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839