Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

a few pics @ JLK, Apex, NC

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Wow! This is the first leak of the SE, right?!?!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I think you will see a little more boat in the SE ...

Great looking SA! Those can't "get used" fast enough for my budget. One of my favorite boats, would love to upgrade.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

-cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Ya'll may be getting tired of these videos, but I obviously just got a GoPro and am into making videos now. More from our vacation.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Love seeing videos as well as pictures! I have been thinking about getting a GoPro. Which model did you get and what mounting system do you have?
    Big Air tower

Default July Picture Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    Love seeing videos as well as pictures! I have been thinking about getting a GoPro. Which model did you get and what mounting system do you have?
    I'll bring my GoPro and a bunch of different mounts out next time. By the way, looks like you got your form back real quick.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    I'll bring my GoPro and a bunch of different mounts out next time. By the way, looks like you got your form back real quick.
    Awesome! This was my 3rd time up and a BIG difference how it felt to me. What days are you available next week I was thinking of going to the course on the river North of the dam.
    Big Air tower

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    I know you weren't asking me, but I can chime in. I have been a long time supporter of Contour action cams, and was running a contour GPS. I finally got sick of its unreliability and am returning it to REI and I got a gopro 3+ black edition.

The Black edition comes with the waterproof wifi remote control. I have to say that the remote is completely awesome. It's super easy to mount the gopro at the rear corner of the boat and control it from the drivers seat. You get an LCD display that shows you everything you'd see on the LCD of the camera. and you can change any of the settings on the cam with the remote. The remote runs $60 if bought seperately. And there's a $100 premium between the silver and the black.

That said, the black also has the ability to do higher framerates as well as the new "superview".

So, the sensor on the gopro will capture video in a 4:3 aspect ratio. When you're filming in 16:9 widescreen, the camera is literally chopping off the top and bottom of the picture to make the widescreen recording. you can also record in 4:3 and fully utilize the sensor, but then you get vertical bars when you watch it on a widescreen TV or monitor (like we pretty much all have these days). So what gopro did is offered up a "superview" on the 3+ black. it gives you the full height of the image and it leaves the center of the image in tact, but takes the left and right edges and stretches them to turn the 4:3 into a 16:9. basically the parts of the image that are on the outside aren't all that important and you're already used to having a little bit of a fisheye effect from a gopro anyway.

The advantage of superview is when you are shooting somewhat close to the subject (like camera mounted on a board, or maybe even filming wakesurfing) where it would chop off the head or feet if captured in widescreen. with superview, you get that full height of your recording but it makes it so you still fill the 16:9 frame. Obviously, this is something you can do with video editing, but gopro gave it to us as a setting we can choose.

I'll admit that I'm super lazy and just puke my vids up onto youtube without editing, so I like this feature.

As far as the remote, some might say that you can just use the app. The app is awesome for giving a video preview of what you'll be seeing. I started yesterday with the remote for the first few sets. Then I actually connected the app and realized that I had my cam tilted to far to the side and my videos were shot at about 15 to 20 degrees off a level horizon. Oops. But the app does seem to suck more battery and tends to lose wifi connection more often. Also, it requires you to be pressing all the stuff on the phone. I know my phone goes into sleep mode and I don't want to be swiping to unlock it to start/stop videos. I do have a car dock that I use in my boat, but I still find the simplicity of the remote best.

I was also super stoked to see that the gopro has LED's on the front and back to let you know if it's recording. As a rider, I could tell and sitting in the back of the boat I could tell.

I use a cheap ebay mount that clamps onto my rear railing. It seems to work fine.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.