Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Default Re: Supra Southern Reunion Underway!

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Just an update on Mrs. Gogger. We visited an Orthopedic surgeon today and he said she has a fractured L1 Vertebrate. Can't do much except for pain meds and a back brace. Won't really heal, just has to ride it out while the muscles around it adapt. If it gets any worse she may have to have some type of cement injected into the bone to stabilize it. After that spinal surgery. We are hoping for the brace to do it's job. He says no boat for 3 months. We decided she can boat, just on smooth water though.
    Gogger, was it just that she was sitting with her back to the bow that was the problem? Then a big wave came in? I'm just trying to learn so it never happens on our boat.
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

One sweet video ngvachris. Did you have some schooling on that or what?
    12 pages on this thread and counting. Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by garyholl View Post
    Gogger, was it just that she was sitting with her back to the bow that was the problem? Then a big wave came in? I'm just trying to learn so it never happens on our boat.
    Well we hit a rogue wake. Two cruisers were moving out sending out some big wakes, and we hit where they were criss crossing. However, I believe the way she was sitting didn't help the situation. She was facing rearward, and in that position the cushion only comes part way up the so I think that contributed to the injury to the lower back. Pretty sure if she had been sitting in the bow facing forward she would not have been injured so badly. Riding in the bow is usually the roughest place to ride anyways. And I was thinking that about the time the injury occurred. Just wish I had stopped and had her move sooner.

I would say definitely face forward sitting up there when underway and if it is really rough water, move to the stern.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Part Two as requested.

http://youtu.be/s6rhFFPJ9YY

Very nice Chris. I love those videos!
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon