Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well I got the starter in. But now no power when I turn on the key. Radio works everything else working. Gauges don't come to life. Can't get south off the solenoid. Went to buy a voltage meter.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

My stupidity. The main power cable had dropped in the bilge. I thought the other cable was a little thin. But working in the dark has disadvantages. Running now.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Does help a bit. Glad you're up and running. I'm coming down tomorrow morning. So if anything else pops up and someone needs something, holler. I know Michael is bringing tools, but so am I. I don't go far without mine.

Out on the water and all is good.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Glad to hear the festivities have started. Wish I could come. Too much this week with work and getting the trailer and truck ready for my trip north and too tight timeline. Headed out early in the AM, so tempted to go south!

Having a great time. Getting to see some really cool boats, and meeting some really nice people. And seeing some old friends. Weather is great. Most the guys did some surfing off the 24ssv, and we all had a blast. Nice dinner on the water. Looking forward to some more fun today, and a cookout at Titans campspot. Working on downloading some Gopro footage. Will load some pics tonight.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Wow! Thanks everyone, we really enjoyed meeting everyone. This is the most impressive group of boat enthusiasts I've ever met. Thank you for all the hospitality, help, stickers, support and sunburn!

Nice, sounds fun!

Kevin Allen

Well our trip came to a sudden halt. My wife thought riding in the bow would be a good idea. Unfortunately we aren't use to the kind of water we were crossing a couple of big cruisers wakes criss crossed us and we first almost went under some 4 foot rollers and then suddenly bounced across a couple coming from the other way and she bounced hard up there and actually fractured a vertebrate. Fortunately many good people helped us. Thanks to the Whitsons, Bill came aboard and drove while I ackwardly tried to comfort my wife. Not my specialty. We had to go back slow and were a few miles out of the marina.

Bill's wife Sharon drove their Saltare back to the marina ahead of us and had the EMT's waiting for my wife. She also had the squad on the way. And she talked the squad into taking us to what she says is the best hospital in the area to go to. So we were well cared for. Bill took my boat and docked it for me. We were at the hospital until after 5 p.m. They gave her some pain meds and said to see an orthopedic dr monday. So we are heading back to Ohio sunday morning. We have a friend that is a surgeon and he already has us lined up to see a dr in Columbus.

Thanks to (deleted) Daniel for helping me load the boat and get everything straight. He is a wealth of information and gave me some good tips about the new boat and pointed out a lot of things to fix on the trailer. lol

And thanks to everyone else for the help and support. Hopefully I will make it down next year and nothing exciting will happen.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Default Surfing behind the 24ssv on Friday.

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec