Default Dead Instrument Cluster and strange sound

Went to the lake yesterday and had no gauges or LCD readout on the helm of the boat. I have a 07 Launch 21v. I checked of loose wiring and corrosion in the plugs, but everything looked good. The motor would start but would not run past idle. I pulled it back out and took it to the local dealer (who is a legend around the area) and he stopped what he was doing and looked at it for me. He verified power, and went to the back and checked by the wake plate pump. With the key on there was a weird click click clank noise that sounded like it was coming from somewhere around the wake plate pump. He told me that there is a controller mounted behind the pump that have had problems in the past. I'm not sure if that is where the sound was coming from or not. He said that he has never seen a Supra that had ALL gauges and display go out before. He also said that he had never heard that particular sound before. We ended up disconnecting the wake plate and the control module for the gauges and dropped back in the water to test. The limp problem was gone and I had throttle again. He told me that he was going to have to call Supra and discuss the situation with them.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen before? If it is indeed the Medallion control module, is the '09 version the same as the one for the '07? I have been able to find that one online new for a good price but have not found anything for the '07 model.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Jamie

Anybody have any contacts at Medallion?? I've been trying to get in touch with someone there for a week now and I keep getting placed in different voicemails without any return calls. So frustrating!!!!

Sorry to hear about your issues, not sure what the problem could be. In regards to a contact, just keep bothering them.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Try 6one6 850-8o15 Cheryl Crane is who I dealt with. Maybe a Bob also, I can't remember.

David

Finally was able to have someone take pitty on me today with my voicemail and return my call. I somehow managed to get the cell phone number for one of the engineers that designed the system. Looks like my original thoughts are correct and the MMDC is bad. Luckily for me the '09 unit that I found online will work with my system. According to him the difference in the 2 units is that they put a backlight input wire on the MMDC that dims the dash when the nav lights are turned on. Couple of other changes are improvements to the operation of Perfect Pass. So I guess its my lucky day!!!! Hopefully the MMDC will show up and save my weekend!!

I love my analog guages....
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I love my analog guages....
    Until now I thought my analog gauges were just that, but I was wrong. They are ditigal gauges that are converted to an analog output. So much for the redundancy that I thought I had!!