Default Dept Finder problems...

Had the dealer look at the depth finder... He replaced the transducer and had it out and it was very inaccurate.. Was out in the middle of the lake and it said I was in 9ft of water... So they looked at it again... He said it was fixed but still way off... Even reading 00's at times.. Its a faria gauge.. Any suggestions besides a new mechanic?

Default Dept Finder problems...

Wrong location or too much static noise from engine . Ground the unit straight to battery terminal with jumper and see if it goes away . But this is all being said without know what you have or what boat and such . But just know transducers use a echo effect so anything can set it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Oh guess I should have put that... 02 launch 22ssv.... I don't even know the location of my transducer is... Im just going by what they tell me..

If the transducer is the type that shoots the signal through the Fiberglass hull . There can be no air bubbles in the oil, glue or fiberglass. If there is the signal will get scrambled and you get a false reading.(Some of the installs the transducer set in a oil bath. )

They still can't figure out the problem... He said replace the gauge as well? The gauge works...The problem is it's reading 00 at times and when it works it's now way off??

My first step would be to try relocating the transducer. If you are worried about it being the gage, when you remove the transducer to relocate it, you can try holding it bare in water to see if it reads right with no hull to shoot through. Once mine started acting like yours, and it turned out it was coming loose from the hull.