Default 2000 Launch Observer Seat Latch

My 2000 Launch does not have a latch on the observer seat back, so when I trailer it the door swings open. I have short term way to keep it closed, but I would like to find a latch instead of bungee. I am assuming it is some type of hidden latch with a pull string, but I do not know since the PO has removed it. Can anyone share a pic of their observer seat latch?
    Thanks

I have 2002 Launch and mine does not have any type of latch on the back of the seat either and I don't believe it ever has, mine stays shut while driving though! I can get you some pictures if needed this week when I head back out to the lake.

That would be great if you could get some pics. The previous owner had the seat back reupholstered and I am wondering if I am missing something. It looks like there use to be some screws in the shell portion where a latch would go - just a bad assumption on my part.

The issue is the seat back swings freely and when the boat is being towed or when waterskiing (over 30 MPH) the air from the vent intakes.

Thanks again for the help

That is odd. Mine fits super tight, like it is squeezed into place between the bottom and side cushion. I don't tow ours very often but I've never had a problem with it opening when I do.

I have 2001 Sunsport and it does not have a latch either. Mine fits super tight as well. You may want to check to make sure your vents are piped into the engine area and not just open behind the seat. I had this problem with my moomba - connected the vent back up and all was good.

dj

2001 Supra Sunsport DD

Default 2000 Launch Observer Seat Latch

My 2000 launch didn't have a latch. It just stayed in place. I would look into velcro though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 Supra Launch- perfect pass, tower, kicker kmt60 tower speakers, 4k lbs of ballast
    1992 Sanger FX-22- project

My phone was dead on Saturday and I just plain forgot to take any pics on Sunday. I will head back out this week one night due to the weather being forecasted at 100 degrees and I will get some photos. Sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstang View Post
    My phone was dead on Saturday and I just plain forgot to take any pics on Sunday. I will head back out this week one night due to the weather being forecasted at 100 degrees and I will get some photos. Sorry for the delay.
    Thanks. No rush

I have the 2001 Launch SSV and i have the same issue. The seat actually came loose from the bracket while driving (I assume because of wind pressure). I was able to re-attach it. Would be great to know if you have a solution. I am now using bungees.