Default Transmission Question

My 85 Velvet Drive in my comp dumped the oil out into the bilge and i added some to get it back to the trailer. it held the fluid on the way back so i just thought maybe "hopefully a fluke". So i went back to the small lake where we board at and the boat ran great all day. Then when i went to put it on the trailer i noticed it slipping. I raised the engine cove and no fluid so i checked the level and it was indeed low but there was none in the bilge this time so i am stumped here is a pic of the oil I pulled from the transmission. Hopefully just the cooler?DSC_0074.jpgDSC_0069.jpg

Pull the cooler off if you have reasonable doubt , but if your velvet drive hasn't been rebuilt then I would pull it and check front pump quad ring (oring) or front or rear main seal . Usually front pump quad ring

Fluid looks fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Lively why do you think that fluid is so dark just from running?

Yes , the fluid will get darker in color from heat . But that being said if there is clogs in cooler than it could be darker than that from not cooling properly . You can check pump pressure for forward /reverse with trans in boat the large Allen head set screw in back by selector is forward pressure psi , and the reverse is by the bell housing and front pump pressure plate . Drain and refill or just keep adding wipe it down clean with simple green and use cardboard to find where the leak is coming from .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I will go through that in the morning I went ahead and ordered a new trans cooler from skidim to be safe

Ok put the cooler on today cleaned to bell housing and now can see it coming from the bottom of the flywheel cover?

If it's coming from the engine side that it the rear main seal and that engine oil that's leaking of it's the tranny side it's the front tranny seal

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Pull the trans and set it on cardboard in boat .remove and replace front pump oring and front pump shaft seal ..

Then remove flywheel and damper plate and set on cardboard and remove and replace rear main seal on engine .

Not hard and will take care of them pesky leaks . Seals won't cost but about 20$ all together so it's a no brainier