Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's way too much for that boat. I wouldn't go above 3k. If of you where able to do it yourself it's 2-3k in repairs. That's not including any engine or tranny work it may need from sitting so long.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Here is what it looks like. supra 5.jpg

Default 1985 Comp TS6m Help?

Just know that super trapps leak cause the foam to hold water and rot out stringers that were never fully incapsulated with glass and poly . With that in mind you will consider repairing the stringers and deck , and all that time and money spent will not always add value to the fullest of your desire . But it will however make you a believer that it's done right and if you maint the boat it will bring you years of fun memories and knowledge of the repairs ! Good luck and keep up the pics !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    Just know that super trapps leak cause the foam to hold water and rot out stringers that were never fully incapsulated with glass and poly . With that in mind you will consider repairing the stringers and deck , and all that time and money spent will not always add value to the fullest of your desire . But it will however make you a believer that it's done right and if you maint the boat it will bring you years of fun memories and knowledge of the repairs ! Good luck and keep up the pics !
    x2. Im sure all of us know that whatever we have invested into our boats could of been spent somewhere else but at least you know what you are driving on the water, that the job was done properly. Even if you went and bought something with the cash you 'could save' (in theory), who's to say that boat won't need a bunch of cash invested?

I say if you can get him down in price, go for it. It looks clean on the outside!
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Velvet Drive - 1:1
    Fully Rebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    That's way too much for that boat. I wouldn't go above 3k. If of you where able to do it yourself it's 2-3k in repairs. That's not including any engine or tranny work it may need from sitting so long.
    ^^this. Under 3k and you can start talking. There are LOTS of boats out there for under 3k with rotted stringers, if you want a project. I bought one that actually ran well, for $1200 a few years ago. And another one for $1,500 with trailer, no less.

"Good enough" is not a fix for rotten stringers. I fixed mine "good enough" and ended up with a sunk boat. Do it right or pay the price.

The seller has been sitting on this boat for 10 years. He didn't see any value in it during that entire time but now he wants $6k for it? I'd keep looking.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

6k is what the boat is worth finished . Any work you put in it will not change that. You will be 5-6k upside down from the start . The only way to recover the money is to use it and enjoy the time out on it . Remember low hours dosnt mean every thing is good, engines and transmissions want to run . Leaving them sit for years is not good for them.
    If it were me I would invest in a 93 and up comp you can get them for about the same money[10-14k] no wood to worry about and higher value when you want to sell.

Default 1985 Comp TS6m Help?

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    6k is what the boat is worth finished . Any work you put in it will not change that. You will be 5-6k upside down from the start . The only way to recover the money is to use it and enjoy the time out on it . Remember low hours dosnt mean every thing is good, engines and transmissions want to run . Leaving them sit for years is not good for them.
    If it were me I would invest in a 93 and up comp you can get them for about the same money[10-14k] no wood to worry about and higher value when you want to sell.
    I disagree to 6 k . I mean it all depends on the rebuild quality and what all was replaced ect . Boat is a boat . Either way your still busting out another thousand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY