Default Mechanic in Chattanooga

Hello all new to the forum.

I am looking for a good mechanic in the Chattanooga, TN area. I have a 91' Mariah with a 454 engine.

I recently been have some engine problems. When I am trying to pull up a wake boarder the engine will start to sputter and I have to stop and start again.

The end of last season I replaced my Holley carburetor with a new rebuilt Holley trying to fix-it. The start of this season I also replaced the gas filters and spark plugs. The boat ran great for most of the season but now it is starting to act up again. Any suggestion would be much appreciated. Does everyone use regular or Mid-grade gas. I have tried both and can't see any difference.

Thanks, Shawn

Is this the black Mariah that we flagged down Friday the weekend of the Supra reunion?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

What ignition do you have? Points,electronic or protec.

Jetlink : Yes I am the same boat. I also messed up on the saying it was a 454 I meant to say 351. (was thinking about another boat as I was typing).

Michael Hunte: Points

Clean and adjust points and save your money and time . We here at supra boat forums can help ! We accept beer as payment !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

I can do basic things like changing oil and spark plugs. But I really don't know how to adjust the points.

Beer would definitely be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    Clean and adjust points and save your money and time . We here at supra boat forums can help ! We accept beer as payment !

Well if you can change oil you can adjust and clean points . Do a search on YouTube for a step by step . Really quiet simple .

Pull the distributor cap off and the plastic with copper tip is your rotor and you have the cap in your hand , only thing left is the points and condenser that are under the rotor. The round (usually silver) cylinder is the condenser and the points (contacts) are the then metal with a brass or carbon tip is your points ( we in the elevator trade call them leaf contacts) get familiar with those parts and report back . The whole process with take 5-10 minutes and if it was me . I would just replace them and move on . But if you want to save a buck then clean and adjust .

YouTube it !

LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY