Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

if you use that electric pump, you may want to add a low pressure fuel regulator. Most electric pumps run a much higher psi than the 5-7psi our carbs/mechanical pumps run. I converted to an electric pump on my old muscle car and found out the hard way i needed a low pressure fuel regulator when the gas was pouring out of the top of may carb lol.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

So, took the boat out today. Went through over 14 gallons of gas. No issues except for the boat did feel like it was surging a bit when I was letting my son drive at about 15mph. He had the throttle fixed in one spot. Beyond that, it ran fine. Wakeboarding, slalom pulls, cruising, slow tubing, floating, and finally surfing. No issues...

That said, I did come prepared with a length of new fuel hose and 2 gallons of ethanol free premium in a gas can just in case I'd need to hook that up to the fuel pump to verify whether it was upstream or downstream of the pump...

We'll probably go out again on Monday evening, so we'll see if anything materializes...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Engine Sputter is back

I was surfing with my gas vent under water and when we were done my boat started running like you described. I drained all the fuel and filled
    With non ethanol, new plugs, button, and distributor cap still the same. Finally I was so mad I ordered a brand new carb cause the old one was gummed up and I didn't care
    For vacuum secondaries, ran a little better but didn't fix it. Talk to my mechanic he said the on thing he could think of was an ignition problem. So I went and bought a $40 ignition coil plugged it in and it fired up like a nascar.

But just a question, now I am paranoid about surfing with a lot of people cause my boat sets lower in the water, does the gas breather let water back in or does it work like a check valve.

Bam! Supra, what's that!
    2002 Supra Launch 22SSV
    ACME 1433 Prop
    Ghetto Gate

Quote Originally Posted by MDVols View Post
    I was surfing with my gas vent under water and when we were done my boat started running like you described. I drained all the fuel and filled
    With non ethanol, new plugs, button, and distributor cap still the same. Finally I was so mad I ordered a brand new carb cause the old one was gummed up and I didn't care
    For vacuum secondaries, ran a little better but didn't fix it. Talk to my mechanic he said the on thing he could think of was an ignition problem. So I went and bought a $40 ignition coil plugged it in and it fired up like a nascar.

But just a question, now I am paranoid about surfing with a lot of people cause my boat sets lower in the water, does the gas breather let water back in or does it work like a check valve.

Bam! Supra, what's that!
    My understanding is that the valve (at least on my boat) is an anti splash valve. It doesn't have a check valve in it.

These vents help prevent water from entering the fuel tank, yet allow air to vent freely, during normal sea conditions and washdowns. This eliminates the need for an anti-siphon loop in the vent hose. Meets ABYC Standard. Installs easily and permanently. Made of flame-retardant black plastic with choice of black, white, or stainless steel vent head/cover.
    Mine looks like this:

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I'm pretty sure its just a vent "valve" i don't think there is a check valve in it to prevent water from coming back in, but im not 100% sure
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Went out again last night. only used about 6 gallons though. (seriously, only $25 in gas! that's what happens when I skip adding 1700 pounds worth of surf ballast and just let my buddy lineride on 1 little under the seat sack).

No issues last night either. Go figure.