Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default kids behind the boat

here is a video of my 8 year old son surfing and its only his second time ever trying and he decides to go rope less, not for long but still pretty good I thought.

I would love to see more pics or videos of kids surfing or skiing

My 8 year old son is absolutely fearless on snowskis (double black diamonds, terrain park, tree runs, halfpipe). but he's for some reason gotten spooked with watersports. I had to basically force him to get out and ride with me on the wakeboard... Funny, when he was 4 years old he had no fear. I'm sure he'll outgrow this phase...

Oh, and my son is "Jax" too. (Jaxton)

Here's the video of him at 4 years old. (excuse the silly editing, my friend had never seen wakesurfing and we didn't even have enough ballast to do anything but lineride back then!)
    http://youtu.be/rQfjfWMA6TY?list=FLu...uss8sv6B8xganQ
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

SHARE THE STOKE! Guy surfing with his 6 year old. Dude has never surfed before that weekend and was able to throw the rope and surf his first run. I was amazed. Then I got the kids to surf double with there dad and he threw the rope again. Kids so pumped and mom and dad so grateful for the experience. The stoke level was off the charts by the end of the weekend. Reminded me of why boating is so awesome.

ROADLAKE5.jpgROADLAKE6.jpg

Wow. who surfs heelside???????????? Can't say I've seen that before, much less on a first timer with doubles.

Does he have an ocean surfing background? I mean, I am a hardcore snowboarder and have never even tried heelside. (maybe I should???)

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

He has no surf experience at all. It took me months to find the sweet spot. I still cant believe he was surfing like that. To top it off I suggested double's with his young kids and he was able to surf with them for like 10 seconds. Dude is a natural. I have a couple of guys that are forced to ride heel edge because we dont want to flop ballast.

FWIW, I hang out with a LOT of snowboarders on the boat. (I'm an AASI Level 3 certified instructor and pretty much my entire social circle is also from that world.) The goofy riders on my boat have to make a choice: surf heelside or ride switch. Either way, it's difficult for them to get going. Your friend must have a real natural sense of balance to have figured that out so quickly.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    FWIW, I hang out with a LOT of snowboarders on the boat. (I'm an AASI Level 3 certified instructor and pretty much my entire social circle is also from that world.) The goofy riders on my boat have to make a choice: surf heelside or ride switch. Either way, it's difficult for them to get going. Your friend must have a real natural sense of balance to have figured that out so quickly.
    That's just mean, especially since the goofy wave is so much better than the regular one.
    Last edited by 2500HD; 08-21-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    That's just mean, especially since the goofy wave is so much better than the regular one.
    Not on my boat.

My regular is better than my goofy.

That said, with my surf system, I can switch sides in under 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    I've never been able to get a decent goofy wave. I haven't messed with it a ton but I did sack up 1800lbs on that side and wasn't able to get anything but white-wash.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Here is a video of me and my daughter surfing

http://youtu.be/DfyJu2i4Asg