Default Z5 pics & thoughts

I'm looking for pics and thoughts on the Z5 rack installed on a 2006-2010.

I'd like to upgrade from the factory Bimini but want to see what it looks like installed, where it attaches to the tower, and understand where it pivots and the process. I'd be particularly interested to understand the complications of dropping the tower with the Z5 installed.

Any thoughts or comments would be welcome as well. Thanks!
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

I have a 2008 21V with a Z5. What kind of pictures are you looking for? You can use google and find tons of Supra's with a Z5 installed, are you looking for something in particular?

You cannot drop the rad-a-cage tower with the Z5 installed, it has to be removed (if that is the tower that you're looking at.). I don't know about the '09-10 models.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

I will include a bunch of pics... As cigars n scotch stated, folding the tower every night will become a real pain if you have to do that. If you are just going into a 9' garage or something you can do it or if you mount the Z5 real low, I think you can do it, but then it is a pain to walk around under when you are on the water....
    There are some tricks as to where you mount the brackets on the tower to make it fold easier than others....
    If it is lower on the tower and the clamps are on the same tower riser on each side it will fold better. If you want the bimini higher you have to mount to the riser and then the second part of the tower and that complicates things.
    I found this picture of a buddy that has the red and black supra and he attached the back of his z5 to the top of his tower (Look at last pic). That might work as well....
    You just have to play with different mounting options.... but plan on taking it off or still sitting higher than 7'

Hope this makes sense... I am picturing it in my mind, but not sure how to vocalize it..
    Attached Images Attached Images

It will pivot down from the front mounting brackets. If you wanted to load boards onto the rack, their a release pins on the rear drops, pivoting on the front, until it is almost perpendicular with the water. I thought I had a pic of it in "loading" position but I don't.

I'm no help on how it affects the dropping off the tower. I could def see it needing to be removed which would require removing 4 pins but its got to be awkward to carry/store.

You can see the rear pins in this pic ... You would release it from the Z5 side and it drops down from there.

Board storage ... also holds a 70" diameter tube.

2006 Supra 24SSV

I take my Z5 off every time, I have to to get in my garage. A pain, yes, difficult, no. I do it by myself. The front and back struts have a locking pin that you pull out as mentioned.

To load you can just pull the back pins, pull the struts out and it pivots down.

That pic of the white 21V is pretty much where I have mine mounted.

I also have the spider web to hold the tube, that thing is awesome.

So OP, what are you looking for? I have my boat in my garage so I can give you what you're looking for in pics if you clarify.

Cigars n Scotch, Diggs, KG - Thanks for the info, comments, thoughts, and pics. I really appreciate y'all taking the time!

I am forced to drop the rad-a-cage it every time I pull the boat out.......I miss clearing the @#$%* door at my storage space by about 3/4". Also, I asked for pics to see where/how it mounted/pivoted but also to compare the underside clearance of the mounted Z5 vs. the stock bimini........it looks to be substantial depending on where you clamp it. I seem to bang my head on the tower cans every time stand up and spin out of the drivers chair.

I'm not convinced that I want to deal with the lower overhead of the Z5 and the additional hassle of pulling it off every time pull the boat out of storage...........my stock bimini will do for now.

Tower Shot.jpg
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

Thanks for all the details and pictures guys. I really appreciate it.

I asked for this info because where I store my boat I am forced to drop the rad-a-cage every time I take it out. I wanted to get a handle on how it mounted, and dropped.

Sounds to me like adding a Z5 might just add to my grief............
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by kennyk69 View Post
    Thanks for all the details and pictures guys. I really appreciate it.

I asked for this info because where I store my boat I am forced to drop the rad-a-cage every time I take it out. I wanted to get a handle on how it mounted, and dropped.

Sounds to me like adding a Z5 might just add to my grief............
    I am right there with you, I store my boat in my garage but i have to drop my tower as well each time and have to remove the Z5. Def. adds more time and is a bit of a hassle but I make it work. The Z5 is awesome, it is extra storage unlike a regular bimini. Each has its pro's/cons, sometimes I wish I just had a regular bimini but then again I love my Z5.

Up to you what you want to do and how much work you want each time you get the boat.