Default 2005 Launch 21v won't start

Ok so I was out this weekend doing a little wakeboarding and the end result of the day was a tow back to the dock.
    The first cranks of the day it fired right up just like usual. After drifting for about 15 minutes, i went to restart and it turned over strong but struggled to start, probably took 60sec or so to get it fired up. After about an 30min of riding, cut it off and and then 5-10min later it started right up and then died about 30 seconds later. Restarted immediately with no hesitation. 30 min later I jumped in the water to take a set. My buddy turned the key and it fired right up. Rode for about 15 min, went down, they swung around to get me, went to pull me up and the boat started to struggle under load, it kept losing power and then kicking back in. Stopped, got in the boat, tried to get it up on a plane and then it immediately started struggling again, power coming and going and then it cut out completely. Fired right up and then died 5 seconds later. This was the last time I could get it started.
    It felt almost as if it wasn't getting fuel. The fuel pump still primes when the ignition is cut on and the fuel pump was replaced 2 months ago. I'm thinking possibly an ignition/distributor issue or a fuel issue, but not completely sure.
    Thoughts or ideas?
    What should I start checking first and good methods by which to check them?

Loose wiring , check fuel press at rail , 32lbs always . Check for injector pulse signal at start up and verify that the voltage stays the same and never drops.
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Fuel pressure on that boat should be 60psi. I would check rotor, cap, wires first. Especially if you just did the fuel pump.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by freeflyernc View Post
    Fuel pressure on that boat should be 60psi. I would check rotor, cap, wires first. Especially if you just did the fuel pump.

Mike
    Wow ! That's a lot . What lbs injectors do they run ?
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Not sure. I only know because my pressure was 80+ and causing my boat to run really poorly. I fixed the regulator and the spec called for 60psi...

As others have stated fuel pressure is very important on MEFI Systems. I have bypassed the oem system and installed my own variable system and once you can play with the pressure you realise how vulnerable they are to fuel pressure. Long story, but I have spent countless hours on my MEFI 5. The replacement component is around $80 I think.
    Good Luck and hope you get it sorted.