Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question to the Moderators

FEEDBACK TO MODS

Before the update of the Supra website (last year or the year before i think), you could browse the forums in their own browser window. Now the only way to access the forum is to view it in a frame inside the Supra homepage. This would be fine, except the frame is annoyingly narrow when using a high resolution monitor. Half of my screen real estate is taken up by the gray background, and meanwhile I'm having to drag the sliders left and right to see the entirety of some posts. Surely I'm not the only one to have noticed this. Is there a link to view the forum on its own page? I'm a closet computer nerd and i'm pretty sure i'm not missing anything.

To the guys doing CAD at the factory, I know at least some of yall have noticed this.

Somebody PLEASE call the IT guy.

Looking forward to a response,
    DKJ

Clermont, Fl (wakeboarding capitol of the world)

Some of us boat owners are doing CAD too (AutoCAD and Solidworks)!

I've noticed this and corrected it simply by dragging my window to fit the graphics.

Ed,

I think we're talking about different things.

I did find the way to see the forum without frames. Goto http://www.supraboats.com/bb

Ed, if you will look at http://www.supraboats.com/bbs you'll see what i'm talking about. The only difference is the "s" at the end of the URL.

I was talking about the frame within the browser window, not the window itself. You can't adjust the size of the frame by simply dragging it as far as I know.

Most might not notice the difference on smaller monitors. Mine is 1600x1200 so the frames really mess up the look of the forum.

I tried your link and I don't see what your talking about.

I'm using a 20" monitor.

There are two links there bud. They are precisely the same EXCEPT one has an "s" at the end and the other doesn't. Now that i read it, my post wasn't that clear.

This link shows the forum as a frame within the supra site:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs

This is the site that you get when you access forum by using the menu on the supra website. When the forum is in this frame, you have to drag the slider INSIDE the frame, not the one on your browser. Normally this isn't a problem because the default width of the forum fits within the frame; but when a post is wider than normal you have to drag the slider in the frame. An example of when a post is wider than normal is when a large photo is posted.

Now this link shows the forum independently in the browser:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bb
    Notice at this link that there is no wasted gray space to the right of the forum. The forum occupies the entire browser window, even when the browser is maximized.

My monitor is 20" also. Yours most likely has a native resolution of 1600x1200 unless its a widescreen. I'm assuming that you have windows set to 1600x1200. At that resolution you should be able to see what i am talking about.

OK i'm tired of typing. I'll post some screenshots to show you if i have to.

I'm pretty sure you just overlooked that the two links in my 1st follow-up were different.

DKJ

I don't see your problem...maybe "bud' will be along to help you out.

DKJBama92Mariah - I see the same issue with the frame that you described when I come to the BB from the Supra website. At that point I'm not logged into the BB. When I log in, it takes me to BB without the frames. The frames are certainly annoying but at least there is a way around it.

Thanks for the suggestion gizmoe. I'm just glad i'm not the only one. Ed had me thinkin i was losing my mind.

No it does the same for me as well.

Does the same witih me. I'm constantly scrolling to get the full message left to right and using the other scroller for top to bottom. Should be a easy fix and make navigation a lot easier.