Default Perfect Pass and the 8.1 Vortec Engine

Ok so my 2006 24 ssv has the 8.1 liter engine and since I have had it the Perfect pass has not worked. I ordered a new servo. After installing it found that it still didn't work. Called perfect pass and wound up speaking with the President of Perfect Pass. He emailed me some test to perform. After doing so found that there wasn't any voltage to it. Checked the wires and found some corrosion. Cleaned them up and got some action out of the servo, but the perfect pass still doesn't do anything when I turn it on. So now I guess I need to email him back and ask what's next. I asked about upgrading to the GPS system, but he said it wouldn't matter much since the 8.1 liter was so hard to control anyways.

So does anyone with the 8.1 liter have problems with the perfect pass?

Anyone switched to Ride Steady? I am considering doing so. They say they don't have problems with the 8.1. Just trying to figure it out.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Default Perfect Pass and the 8.1 Vortec Engine

I've heard that ride steady is better for wake sports than skiing which shouldn't be an issue as you're probably not going to do much skiing behind your boat. I'm super low tech on my boat but I am sure some of the perfect pass gurus here will chime in.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

If you checked all the wiring and connections, and know that your servo works it seems like the issue has to be in the brain box or the dash unit? Might have to send it to PP. They seem like good folks. My guess is they will take care of you.
    1991 SunSport