Default Acme 541 prop installed

Bent up my old O.J. 13x13. Installed a new Acme 541. This prop is AWESOME! WAY more low end pulling power, WAY better holeshot, Planes out much quicker now, and once i get some nice glass, ill test out the top speed. I suspect i"ll pick up 5-8 MPH since im running about 800rpm's lower around 30 mph. WORTH EVERY PENNY. i can't wait to load up the fat sacs and do some surfing!
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

This is the same prop I was recommended today. Is it really that much better. I'm currently running a 4 blade 13x13

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I switched to a 451 on the pirata and it made that much difference. Well worth the investment.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    Is it really that much better.
    I've seen the same reaction from every person who installed a new Acme CNC prop coming from a traditional prop, without fail. It really is like the difference between FWD and AWD in snow; it's the single easiest performance upgrade you can do. Also, see this thread from when TitanTN put on a new prop.

Sounds like a late-night infomercial: "Want to get better holeshot, better top speed, better throttle response, and better fuel economy with just ONE BOLT ON PART?" No really, that's what you get.

***And just a PSA when you (or anyone) gets a new prop, post it in the Prop Specs thread to help out the next guy!
    Last edited by SquamInboards; 08-15-2014 at 08:39 AM.