Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stereo Upgrades?

My 24ssv has the kenwood unit with the kenwood tower speakers. Who has made some upgrades? What did they consist of and what are the results. I like the currect system and think the system is pretty good. Sounds good and is pretty loud. But wondered if it could be better.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Fresh Air Exhaust. The best stereo upgrade you can do
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I've made upgrades in levels. The two problems you likely have are how the speakers are powered and the sub being free air.

IMO ....

1. Purchase two new efficient amps and build a sub box for the Kenwood

2. Same as 1 but maybe 3 amps and purchase high end/powered speakers. There are a couple that fit the Roswell cans.

3. Same as 2 but drop the Roswell cans/lights and do a podded speaker.

I've made it to #3 over time. I think you could get an amazing sounding system with #2 if you aren't looking for long distance sound. Option 1 would still be a significant upgrade.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 08-09-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I've made upgrades in levels. The two problems you likely have are how the speakers are powered and the sub being free air.

IMO ....

1. Purchase two new efficient amps and build a sub box for the Kenwood

2. Same as 1 but maybe 3 amps and purchase high end/powered speakers. There are a couple that fit the Roswell cans.

3. Same as 2 but drop the Roswell cans/lights and do a podded speaker.

I've made it to #3 over time. I think you could get an amazing sounding system with #2 if you aren't looking for long distance sound. Option 1 would still be a significant upgrade.
    I have a 2011 Sunsport 24 with the Roswell cans/light bar. Which speakers drop into the RW cans that you recommend on sound?

I had bullet coaxials and krypt hlcds in mine. I'd probably stock with a coaxial BC 6.5" is a small hlcd.

However, kicker makes a hlcd 4 speaker setup that's not supposed to be real harsh. I believe it drops in.

I believe one of the Wetsounds coaxials fits and you might check into jl's and Polk momos.

Odin at earmark marine is a good resource for knowledge and product. Usually had a forum discount and quick shipping.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

2006 Supra 24SSV

Dusty's newest tower setup ...

It's the same boat as yours gogger. It looks good

2006 Supra 24SSV

I had bullet coaxials and krypt hlcds in mine. I'd probably stock with a coaxial BC 6.5" is a small hlcd.

However, kicker makes a hlcd 4 speaker setup that's not supposed to be real harsh. I believe it drops in.

I believe one of the Wetsounds coaxials fits and you might check into jl's and Polk momos.

Odin at earmark marine is a good resource for knowledge and product. Usually had a forum discount and quick shipping.
    Thanks. I was already thinking about the Kickers you mentioned. I think I'll give them a shot. Don't see what I have to lose at this price and lots of people seem to rave about them.

http://www.caraudiogiants.com/kicker...FVJo7AodVEwAdw

Dusty's newest tower setup ...

It's the same boat as yours gogger. It looks good

Looks good
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec