Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    If you want to save your good water, don't ever "spin around to pick people up". That sends rollers out 180 degrees on the lake and will blow it out nice and quick. Instead, when your rider falls, come off the throttle while still going straight. Once you're off plane and settled, while no longer making a wake, click back into forward and turn the boat sideways. Let any rollers from behind pass you by while you're sideways so you don't take water over the bow, then continue forward at idle and head back to your rider. Takes a little more time, but it saves your water big time. You'll always be throwing your rollers at the shore, so they dissipate rather than sending a power turn roller out over half of the lake. What you're doing now is what tubers do that destroy a lake. Drive like I described above and you'll have good water all day long. This is especially important if you're in fact running full ballast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoSztXXzufk
    Excellent tip, Mike. I've been trying your technique and it definitely works better for a fully weighted boat. And...I still feel the vibration at low speed with the rudder hard over...so not cavitation. I think it's just prop wash against the rudder that causes it.

Default Re: Slight Vibration

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    Excellent tip, Mike. I've been trying your technique and it definitely works better for a fully weighted boat. And...I still feel the vibration at low speed with the rudder hard over...so not cavitation. I think it's just prop wash against the rudder that causes it.
    Good deal! Enjoy your glass water!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V