Hybrid View

How did you come across a new style platform? Can't be cheap if bought new. Yes I agree the big platform with handles has its benefits but you can watch foam up/disturb the wave. My next mod definitely.

I ordered the platform from supra. The platform is $582.45. But by the time you add the stainless steel rub rail the See deck surface and shipping it's $1,040.99
    But here is the dimensions for those guys that want to try make their own.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

Brian
    2009 supra 22ssv worlds edition

Thanks for the dimensions guys, im planning on making a custom surf platform this winter for my old sunsport
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Great info, Brian. Thanks for sharing. Nice install methodology - I see you were going for an advanced comfort/high difficulty rating!

It's pretty interesting to see all of the variables that factor into creating a really great wave. And really cool to see all of the problem-solvers trying different methods to optimize!

thanks for the info Brian!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

I've been kicking around the idea of skinning the bottom of my stock platform to diminish some of the turbulence. Even with mine running flat while surfing the platform is in the water and I don't thing the newer designs would keep it out and I would have to redesign the gates again. Removing the rub rail would help but we use it to much. Maybe removing the sides of it and just leaving the rear area.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I ordered my new surf platform yesterday to replace the stock platform. I hope it's here in time for Christmas
    2011 Supra Launch 242
    Lake Entiat, WA
    Lake Washington

It took awhile to get here, but my new surf platform arrived a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't appears to have predrilled holes. I am a newbie and my boat isn't near me at the moment. Any thoughts as to why it comes this way?
    Any suggestions on how to proceed. I figured I'd ask before I make some dumb mistake
    2011 Supra Launch 242
    Lake Entiat, WA
    Lake Washington

I'm also interested in something similar, good photos! I will keep in mind in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by bmayberry View Post
    I ordered the platform from supra. The platform is $582.45. But by the time you add the stainless steel rub rail the See deck surface and shipping it's $1,040.99
    But here is the dimensions for those guys that want to try make their own.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Brian,
    I noticed your surf-swim platform is obviously 30" wide. How much does the front side curve? (the side that butts next to the boat?) You think an inch? More or less? I am laser cutting mine out of HDPE to your specifications. Thank you!
    Aaron