Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Installed new surf platform

Changing from the stock swim platform to the new style surf platform made a huge difference in my wake.
    The wake is now much longer and cleaner with less ballast.
    The first picture is with Old swim platform Port side and center ballast tanks full with 15 people on the boat
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Second picture is with new surf platform one driver and tanks full
    Last edited by bmayberry; 08-14-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Brian
    2009 supra 22ssv worlds edition

Wow, what a difference, can you post pics of your new platform as I am in the process of making a new one that is smaller than the 04 original and has a smooth underside with no grab rail.

image.jpgI didn't measure the new platform but is the exact platform that comes on the brand-new Supras. I'll get some measurements on it over the weekend.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I have pretty much designed a similar shape but measurements would still be appreciated. Ill add pics to my thread once I've completed it.
    Carl

image.jpgimage.jpgFor your amusement this is how I installed it. I don't recommend doing it this way.

Brian

My boat has 3 swim platform brackets, so this is what I did for

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

How did you come across a new style platform? Can't be cheap if bought new. Yes I agree the big platform with handles has its benefits but you can watch foam up/disturb the wave. My next mod definitely.

I ordered the platform from supra. The platform is $582.45. But by the time you add the stainless steel rub rail the See deck surface and shipping it's $1,040.99
    But here is the dimensions for those guys that want to try make their own.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

Brian

Thanks for the dimensions guys, im planning on making a custom surf platform this winter for my old sunsport
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Great info, Brian. Thanks for sharing. Nice install methodology - I see you were going for an advanced comfort/high difficulty rating!

It's pretty interesting to see all of the variables that factor into creating a really great wave. And really cool to see all of the problem-solvers trying different methods to optimize!