Thread: Cargo bimini

Default Cargo bimini

Where do I buy a cargo bimini? Which ones are good, what do they cost? Had anyone done the research?
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Monster has one, and then there's the Z5. Z5 is about 4500 bucks.

Another option is a 10 dollar cargo net from harbor freight so you can throw surf boards on top of your current bimini. Can also have "sleeves" sewn into your bimini to slide boards into. Both are far less expensive than looking into cargo bimini's.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I've seen the monster and it looked pretty legit. It's $650. I have seen a z5 as well and honestly I can't see how the Z5 is worth THAT much more money.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

In gonna go check out the monster then
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Why not just build one?
    Function before fashion!

I have the monster one, it's great. A dealer would probably sell it to you for less than the $650 or whatever list price is, I know the dealer I worked at never sold things close to list, at least not tower stuff where there's decent margin from cost to list.

I have been surprised how rugged the Monster bimini is, although I've had to tighten the screws on the hardware mounts a couple times (loctite or bolts are next. Or both). It took me 2 hours to assemble and install it onto my tower.

PS - 2500HD - I like your signature, my screenname is functionoverfashion on some other forums and other places on the interwebz... haha

Pretty happy with my Monster. I think I paid $400 for it (they had a demo model with no canvas) and then I had to have custom canvas made. It was expensive but the black wasn't going to look right. That's the only problem with them is that they only sell them in 1 color.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

You can get them in a bunch of colors now...

edit: I see on their website that you can't choose the color, but maybe you just have to call and ask. I know for a fact that we ordered (for $50 I think) different colors for a couple people last year. Now that I think about it, I think when I ordered mine I didn't realize they offered different colors, since the website makes it look like they don't.
    Last edited by SquamInboards; 08-20-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    You can get them in a bunch of colors now...

edit: I see on their website that you can't choose the color, but maybe you just have to call and ask. I know for a fact that we ordered (for $50 I think) different colors for a couple people last year. Now that I think about it, I think when I ordered mine I didn't realize they offered different colors, since the website makes it look like they don't.
    Very possible. I ordered mine 4-5 years ago and they only offered black at that time. They told me that they receive the full package from overseas and don't have any ability to sell without the canvas. Luckily he remembered my request and emailed me a few weeks later that they had a demo kit with no canvas they were unloading. Worked perfect for me but I think it cost me another ~500 for canvas.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Interesting... yeah I know we got a blue cover for one guy last year, and I think a gray one for someone else. Anyway, they definitely offer(ed) it for a small upcharge.

I like how they are a pretty small company and really seem to take a personal approach. I worked with the same woman (Marla) there for a bunch of different things, and she was always super friendly and helpful. When I told her how I was mounting my bimini she said she wanted pictures, that she had never heard of anyone doing that - as far as Monster was concerned, it wasn't possible to fit a "medium" cargo bimini under an MT2 tower in a reasonable fashion. Let me tell you, it's possible!