Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 1996 La Brisa purchase

Looking at a 1996 Supra La Brisa. It's got roughly 300 hrs, PCM 5.8 HO. Looks like original Supra branded single axle trailer. Everything I've read on this forum says it's a great engine - decent boat just not a popular Supra model. I'm looking for a good all around boat, I have no specific expectations as this would be my first boat, but I'm sure we will want to tube, ski, and try wakeboard/wakesurf with it on a very calm lake. He says it has no ballast. He's asking 8k OBO - the boat appears to be in good condition except the vinyl on the seats is worn and torn as expected. I understand this year and model should have no wood - all composite so I shouldn't have to worry about rot. Sounds like the glass may be problematic but that seems to be a small issue.

Sound like a decent deal? For good measure, I'm going to have someone look over the boat and motor, and I'm going to have him take us out on the water. Any specifics I should be looking for would be appreciated.

Pics: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...TQ&usp=sharing
    Last edited by PBWolf; 08-15-2014 at 10:08 PM.

I just purchased a 95 La Brisa. I have been super happy with it so far. I have the same motor setup you do exactly, and again, I'm very happy with the way it runs. $8k seems like a good deal to me! I'm no expert on these boats yet, but hopefully between us owners on here, we can put a pretty good database together of La Brisa specific topics.

Always do a compression test on the engine.
    This model has a great ski wake but questionable for wake boarding.
    The engine itself is a great motor.
    Good luck

Thanks, yeah - I've got someone lined up to do a full inspection of the boat - I'll make sure compression test is a part of that. Forgot to mention he said it has new carpet, so that's a plus. I added a couple more non B&W pictures from the craigslist ad to that link above.

Talking

8k is a good deal. I paid a little more for mine with more hours. Only difference is I have the pro boss gt 40 motor. It will throw a good wake for boarding if you play with the wake plate. I have mine set where it's good at slower speeds and flattens out for skiing. You're going to love it. Great solid boat that handles just as good as a comp with the added room. Enjoy and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Our labrisa family is growing.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

How does one adjust the wake plate on this boat? From the pictures I've seen its screwed directly in to the bottom of the boat, or am I missing something?

There should be two metal "arms" that are attached to the base of the plate and come up at approx 45 degrees to back of plate.
    On these arms you will see it is threaded and there should be threaded adjustment pieces on each arm.
    Turn these to raise or lower the plane of the lower horizontal plate.

I've seen pictures of those arms but it just looked a little odd because I didn't see a hinge or anything where the plate connects to the hull so I was a bit confused.

I'm stuck in training all weekend so I haven't been able to go look at this boat yet, but we're working on getting it inspected. The anticipation is killing me. In the meantime I've been doing as much research and reading as possible..

I'll take a picture of mine in the morning when I put it back on the lift for the week.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by PBWolf View Post
    I've seen pictures of those arms but it just looked a little odd because I didn't see a hinge or anything where the plate connects to the hull so I was a bit confused.

I'm stuck in training all weekend so I haven't been able to go look at this boat yet, but we're working on getting it inspected. The anticipation is killing me. In the meantime I've been doing as much research and reading as possible..
    I would imagine it looks like mine:

You "adjust" it by turning the turnbuckles that you can see on the arms. the wakeplate will flex and that's your up/down adjustment.

You can see on this pic that the wakeplate is more "down" because there's a greater distance on the arms between the adjustment pieces on the turnbuckles.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.