Okay, so back a LONG time ago in my 20's, I was able to finally get up on a Slalom ski for the first time. for the next handful of years, I'd get out on a slalom ski a few times a year. I wasn't ever really great at it, but I could typically deep water start on the 1st or 2nd pull. And I could cut around and enjoy being up on one ski. I never got to the point where I could cut a turn or anything like that. Just a recreational skier.

So fast forward to now and I'm 42 and have had my boat about a year and a half. I've only pulled a ski out a few times since I've owned the boat. The first time was a failure and I took a zillion pulls without success. I later found out that I was doing a lot wrong after re-educating myself on how to deep water start. After leaning my shoulders back and looking up at the horizon, I was able to get up again, and went for a good ride.

So, today, I throw the ski on again (it's a hand me down 69 Connley Legend) and after a few pulls, I'm up. Then down. Then up again and took a nice long ride. I felt like a total newb in that I was flat out not comfortable on the ski. I didn't feel like I had much if any control. About all I was comfortable doing was being pulled straight and crossing from the center to the outside of the wake a few times...

I have a 92 supra sunsport direct drive, so it's not the best slalom wake ever made, but it's certainly better than most v-drives.

I'm thinking that I would do better on a different ski. My guess is that the Connley is probably too aggressive for me and I need something that I can cruise around on and get to the point where I can cut it up a little. I need some stability and confidence from a ski. And something comfortable would be nice too.

I hate an open back foot, so a full double highback is a must in my book. I've also seen the advances in bindings with laces and all, so I'd be HAPPY to get rid of the stuffing the foot into an old school binding as my foot cramps up!

Of course, my budget is basically nothing! So that doesn't help. But hey, it doesn't hurt to gather info and do a little research in case I can find something used that might do the trick.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'10 and 169 pounds and my feet are small--a men's size 7.

Anyway, I'd love any guidance you all could give. I'm great about searching out stuff on Ebay and CL, as long as I know what to look for...

Thanks, and here's a shot from this morning: