Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

FedEx truck is coming to my house today!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Look what fedex dropped off today!

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Can you take a picture of the bottom of the ski? I am curious if it is concave edge to edge or if there is a little bit of rail. Thanks a bunch

Looks great.

Pretty sure there's a rail

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Wulphie View Post
    Can you take a picture of the bottom of the ski? I am curious if it is concave edge to edge or if there is a little bit of rail. Thanks a bunch

Thanks, perfect pics. Looks like it has a little more rail than the Senate that my buddy uses, maybe 3/8" compared to 1/4" on the senate. I would like to try that ski.

I am using my friends old triumph now and I think its ok to learn but I want to try a narrower ski before I buy a new one.

For now I am definitely the weak point in my skiing haha

Go with a theory. If you're just free skiing it won't beat you up as much. The senate was the little sister to the strada. The difference is the strada needs to go faster and due to having a stiffer core. I'm seriously thinking of getting the new vapor And if I do my strada will be for sale. Probably won't happen to the fall or winter but I'm getting the itch

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

I only free skied the first 2 times I tried a slalom ski and it wasn't much fun. Then my buddy pulled me through 1/2 course (down one side between the drive buoys and turn buys) that helped me a lot because then I had some thing to aim for and turn around. After that I just started trying to ski the full course. It helps so much to have a point to aim for and turn around as opposed to just ridding around. I know my problem right now is I don't edge hard enough into the wake and then I have to edge a little late to make the buoy, once I get to the buoy I am going way to fast. I need to edge hard all the way into the wake so I can coast more to the buoy and not go blowing past it haha.

It is a lot of fun figuring all this stuff out though!

Yeah that my problem. It's the curse of free skiing. I'm constantly trying to remind myself to get stacked and hands down.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Okay, so took the new ski to the NW Moomba/Supra jam! took a few pulls to get up the first day, but once I was up it felt SOOO much better than that stupid oversized/too agressive hand-me-down.

THe bindings were great. decent to get in and out of and comfy with plenty of arch support. I've never had arch support in a ski!

It was a lot more forgiving and while I am totally a newbie, I was able to play with it and had a lot of fun.

Day #2 I got up on my first pull (my wife was SOOO happy) and skied until my arms were cooked.

Day #3, I got up on my 2nd pull (the first one I broke the rope where we'd tied a knot in it). Again, skied until my grip was toast.

I tried to get the hang of the opposing palms for my grip. felt SO weird after 18 years of wakeboarding with both palms down.

Getting a lot more confident with getting up. and never crashed on the ski. Just enjoyed it until I was tired and then threw the rope. I took some video that I'll get up later.

The ski came setup with the bindings already, so that was nice. I skied at 28 on day #1 and 28.5 on day #2. Not sure what speed will be best for me, so I just tried something that hopefully wasn't too slow.

Also, I put the rope at 55' but from the rear eye. (actually it was probably a few inches less than 55' since the rope had previously snapped and there was a knot in it.

Slalom wake on the boat (I think this was 28?)

What I woke up to this morning: