Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking into a newer boat

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bod/4621949639.html

Ok wife wants a bigger boat, I don't know much about the v-drive inboards. Any suggestions are appreciated, is this a good deal? I have a Comp now.
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

What are you trying to do behind the boat? 21V is pretty wakeboard specific. Doesn't surf as well as some others. Are you just looking for more room?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Looking for more room, I personally love to slalom and barefoot. Kids wakeboard and I will wakeboard on occasion. None of us Surf, I leave that for the ocean!
    Big Air tower

Well, anythings going to give you more room. The 21V has more freeboard that the 22ssv, so it's probably a better fit on lake michigan. I know there's another guy on here that slalom's behind his 21V, so you can still do it. You're going to find a bit bigger bump than what you have behind that comp though. Wakeboarding will be great behind a 21V. Regardless of what you get, anything is going to have more room in it than your comp.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

A) What happened to that upright guide on the trailer? That should be straight up and down like the far side.
    B) If you are looking to go bigger, I would look at least at 22'. The main rear area behind the windshield is going to be about the same layout, but the length will be in the bow. That area looks pretty cramped for an adult to sit straight in based on the pics.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Big Air tower

A Malibu sunsetter has one of the smallest wakes to slalom and foot behind for a bigger boat. They usually come with a wedge system for when the kids want to wakeboard. http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/4562089063.html
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Quote Originally Posted by foxriverat View Post
    A Malibu sunsetter has one of the smallest wakes to slalom and foot behind for a bigger boat. They usually come with a wedge system for when the kids want to wakeboard. http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/4562089063.html
    I have been watching this boat since March, as much as I love the Sunsetters I am not sure I can convince the wife of another DD.
    Big Air tower

I love my 24ssv tons of room. Higher speed the wake cleans up some. But it's a big boat and makes a big wake. Seems like a good price for it though.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Keep your boat for skiing and get a party barge with a water slide to cruise and hang out with the wife on. Take them both out and you can have a heck of a raft up