Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Injuries to my crew.

Well I started in July by fracturing a vertebrate in my wifes back while at the supra reunion. Then two weeks ago my faithful buddy that is almost always with me when I go wakeboarding Fractured his foot while trying a flip. He landed a little behind and caught the edge. I don't think his bindings were tight enough and it pretty much snapped his foot in half. They did surgery last monday then looked at the xrays and decided the repair wasn't right so they had to perform another surgery on wednesday and wound up fusing the bones together. He loves the boat so much though he was out Sunday for an hour or so to ride along while we were boarding.

Bad part is he has to pay $5000 out of his pocket before his insurance will pay anything. Video of the accident

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

No Obama Care?

LOL @ Obamacare. I work in insurance. What a joke.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Speaking from experience, (broken collar bone, MRI for injured knee, MRI for injured spine, broken finger w/surgery and more) Canadian socialized medicine works very well. Just sayin.

Sorry to hear Gogger, stay safe. This is my first ski season in 3 years where I'm injury free this deep into the season.

Poor bastard! That's gonna be tough to rehab.
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    Speaking from experience, (broken collar bone, MRI for injured knee, MRI for injured spine, broken finger w/surgery and more) Canadian socialized medicine works very well. Just sayin.

Sorry to hear Gogger, stay safe. This is my first ski season in 3 years where I'm injury free this deep into the season.
    Sure, as long as you can wait 3 months to see the doc. My aunt lives in Canada, had a bad disc in her back and had to wait 3 months to see anyone. She eventually was in so much pain that they bumped her up.

Our healthcare is great, people just don't want to pay for it.

Okay... time to stop derailing the thread
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Ya know what works better than using the threat of violence to extort money from innocent third parties to pay for a service someone else receives? Directly paying for a service you receive. Under commie healthcare the government is the customer, not the injured person. The customer is always right, to the patient's detriment. Costs also rise way beyond market value when the recipient of a service isn't paying for it (either directly out of pocket or through voluntary insurance in a non-coercive market) or it is heavily subsidized or regulated (as health insurance in the States). For straightforward, common, or easy injuries or diseases, sure you'll probably receive adequate care in most cases (though at greater cost), but good luck if you are the square peg. I'm a firm believer that violence has no place in the healthcare sector, socialized <anything> is violence.

Anyhow, sorry to hear about the injuries. Tough season!

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Well I started in July by fracturing a vertebrate in my wifes back while at the supra reunion. Then two weeks ago my faithful buddy that is almost always with me when I go wakeboarding Fractured his foot while trying a flip. He landed a little behind and caught the edge. I don't think his bindings were tight enough and it pretty much snapped his foot in half. They did surgery last monday then looked at the xrays and decided the repair wasn't right so they had to perform another surgery on wednesday and wound up fusing the bones together. He loves the boat so much though he was out Sunday for an hour or so to ride along while we were boarding.

Bad part is he has to pay $5000 out of his pocket before his insurance will pay anything. Video of the accident

Gogger - Most people don't know this but your boat owner insurance policy will cover that deductible for your faithful buddy. It has nothing to do with any wrong doing on your part but is just part of the medical insurance portion of all boat owners policy. In fact you cannot even buy it without the provision. Medical claims are usually capped at $5000 per person per occurrence.
    Chris Walker
    President, www.spotlessboat.com
    President Emeritus, www.usawakeboard.com

Dang Gogger, new boat doesn't necessarily mean new crew...
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by h2obug View Post
    Gogger - Most people don't know this but your boat owner insurance policy will cover that deductible for your faithful buddy. It has nothing to do with any wrong doing on your part but is just part of the medical insurance portion of all boat owners policy. In fact you cannot even buy it without the provision. Medical claims are usually capped at $5000 per person per occurrence.
    I just looked at my boat insurance policy and it has that $5,000 medical payments coverage. Good info to know.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.