Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, it looks like this thread came back to life! Where there is the will there is the way, nice wake!

Korey,

Any luck reproducing the wake system?

Was thinking about one for my Salt.
    Im using a fiberglass swim deck though.
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    When I pulled the gate off to head home last night I hopped up to speed just to see what it looked like with all other conditions identical (well, I guess with +1 person in the boat since no one was riding), and the wake was complete garbage. I'm astonished at how well the first iteration of my gate worked!

After watching how the water flowed around the plate from behind the boat, I'm more interested in playing with a plate that is more perpendicular to the flow of the water. The 2014 Moomba Mojo that I spent a ton of time behind last summer had their first "Flow" system that was very simple, but affective:
    Looking back at this wake that day, two things came to mind- I was beat after surfing all day, and this run was when I finally went ropeless, thigh burner. 2ndly', I just noticed how much my swim step dug into the wake!! I can see the spray from it dragging on the face of the wake- you can see the spray and the face just chundered out...

As to what was said above about the plate being more perpendicular to the wake more, my "wake gate" was just resting against the side of the swim step, and parallel with it. I have since bought a turn buckle that will make it at least protrude to 25-30 degrees. I have to get out and try it before it gets to late...... Been a busy summer, lakes been super green with Algae, all my buddie sare having kids or on a wildland fire WA/OR are being burned up blah blah, .... gotta get er done!