Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you have any pics of your ballast intake system? I am wondering if there is any way to get 2 1200 GPH Tsunamis mounted to fill quicker. There doesn't seem to be enough room to make it all work?

I don't have any pics, but I had two 1200's and another thru hull for a reversible in there.

When my rear sacs get about 3/4 full they just start draining out the thru hulls. How to you keep this from happening. Can you just plug the thru hulls somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fill line, yes, put in check valve.

Hi,

Sorry, I have been out of the country and haven't had the chance to reply or take pictures. Still no pics.

In my case I have put in a shur-flo filter on the raw water intake line for the engine before the v-drive. This filter and the addition of a ballvalve etc on this line gives me even less room than from the beginning. In my case it would be a tight fit to get two 1200 GPH pumps in on the port side of the v-drive. I have one 1100 GPH rule pump on each side.

I have done a slight modification to my setup where I have put a second anti-siphon-loop/vented-loop in, this one on the original rule 1100 gph-pump for the front and front-port sac. This allows me to remove the hippo valve for the front sac and it fills much quicker.

I would say it takes about 15 minutes to get all sacs filled to the limit. Which is about the time it takes for me to get out from the dock, idle through the no-wake-zone, gear up and get a few warm-up jumps in. Then all is full. Empty takes about the time from the last rider giving up and until we are back at the dock.

My rear sacs start emptying through the empty-thru-hulls when they are about 3/4 full, but they get completely full since the pump is a lot quicker then the natural drainage through the thru-hulls in rear. After discussing this with wakemakers the best solution is just to keep the rear-fill-pump running. They are live-well-pumps and are built to run all day fishing. The vented loop makes sure they don't drain through the intake, which almost gets redundant when you have the pumps running. But now I can fill up the rear sacs completely or get both of them to 3/4 if I don't want as much water in the boat without even looking at them.

A check-valve wouldn't work on the thru hulls back there as you want them to let water out when emptying. A vented loop is less restrictive than a check-valve on the intake lines.

The alternative to let the pumps running all the time according to wakemakers was to run a really long hose from the drain-pumps back there up to the back of the sofa-backrest where they would be higher than the highest point of the fat sac itself. Then it wouldn't drain. A lot of hose though, probably at least 15 feet per drain pump.

Mike