Hello everyone! I am a newbee and am looking for our family's first boat. We have a beautiful piece of water front property in Eastern Washington complete with dock and soon to be boat lift. We have already started acquiring all of our favorite toys for skiing, wake boarding, wake surfing, a Sky Ski, and a parasail. The only thing we don't have is anything to pull all the fun with.

I thought I had narrowed my choice down to the Moomba Mobius XLV (2008 or newer), I had an opportunity to spend some time on another friend's Supra. I started doing some research and am interested in the Launch 242 or it's predecessors.

I am looking for some advice - such as I know that the 2008 and beyond Moomba XLV's were redesigned and I do not really want anything earlier than a 2008. What should I know about the various differences between the earlier version of the current Launch 242 - which I believe went through the last major revamp for the 2011 model.

I can't afford new, but I also plan to keep this boat for a good long time. I woould prefer to stretch the budget a bit than to regret buying the wrong boat.

Thanks!