Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat Purchase Advice - Tige / Centurion / Supra / Malibu

I'm evaluating the following boats:

1) 2010 Supra SSV 24 Worlds Edition - 450 HP 39 hours
    2) 2012 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV - 410 HP - 123 hours
    3) 2013 CENTURION ENZO SV233 - 343 HP - 3 hours
    4) Tige Z3 - I haven't identified a year or specific boat

I'm trying to limit my investment to between $60,000 and $65,000. Boats 1 - 3 are within this range.

Our family will use the boat for the following in order of preference:

1) Wake surfing
    2) Wake boarding
    3) Water skiing
    4) Tubing

I'll buy a boat before the end of this season. Any insight and/or experience with the above brands/models would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Being on a Supra forum you should expect strong marks for the supra brand in general!
    IMOH you would be hard pressed to find someone familiar with all four boats.
    Your best bet is to test drive each one, surfing or wake boarding behind each as well to determine in your mind or that of your families what best works for you.
    Good luck on you purchase.

I would buy a 2015 Moomba Mojo if that was my budget that is longer and wider than the current '14 Mojo. I was on one yesterday and it was gorgeous. Best part would be it is new with new boat warranty.

...and I loved the Raptor engine..

I was on a tige a few months ago And skied last year on a wake setter. Out of those two tige. The centurion I'm not a fan of. I have never rode in one but I was in one at the boat show and wasn't that impressed. If it was my choice tige, supra, tie for 3rd between cent and malibu. With all that said I'm a biased supra owner. I own a supra and love it but if didn't find my boat I would have been in a tige or mastercraft. Take that for what it's worth but I'm also a skier first

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

None of them is going to have a good water skiing wake . Test drive/ride them all . I do like the Mojo idea

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    None of them is going to have a good water skiing wake . Test drive/ride them all . I do like the Mojo idea
    They promote the ski wake just sayin...
    Surf wave is legit too!

If I had to work from that list .... the first thing I'd do is go to the mailbucrew and figure out what kind of issues they have with their software and surfgate. I think 2012 was the first year for surfgate and I think they had software issues through several years. I don't know the extent of it, though.

Tige Z3 will have a great surf wave but I don't know much about the boat in general. Centurion will also have a great surf wave but I don't think the overall boat stacks up to the Tige. The Supra will be a good all around boat like the Malibu but it is 2 models old.

IMO, the Malibu out performs the Supra (if similarly equipped) but the Supra looks better. Tige and Bu would come down to a test drive. I'm not a fan of Centurion but I'm not a hardcore surfer.

You have lots of options in that price range. If the idea of a new boat intrigues you at all, beat taco made a great recommendation. The 2015 Mojo is now 23', will have a surf system, has the new raptor motor with 5 year warranty, and some other pluses

If the budget has any flexibility (assume it does bc of z3) then, IMO, Supra's best offering is going to be a used SA. It's also the boat I'd put at the top of that list, easy. There aren't a ton of them out there but they can be had for mid to low 70's, depending on region.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 09-11-2014 at 12:45 AM.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I like the new Mojo option b/c of the motor and boat size. The 2013/2014 Supra - SA350 or SA450 can be found on Boat Trader. The SA rides great, it just sits lower in the water to me (front-end). Kids are always up front in the fork-area.

2013 Cent w/ 3 hours - does it have funky colors?

The 2010 Supra or the 2012 Malibu both have lots of interior room. I think the Supra will ride better in rougher/choppy waters.

If it's your first wake boat (not sure), you have good options for surfing or boarding.
    Younger kids will tube, so the boat does not matter to me.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I wouldn't buy a new, lower relative valued boat for the sake of a factory warrentee just to eat new boat depressiation.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001