Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can tell with 100% certainty that the boat in that ad is not even close to Comp based off of the amount of freeboard it has plus the interior layout. This is what a Comp looks like. IMG_4061.jpg

You will need to check the stringers, specifically where the engine mounts to the stringer for rot. Any plumbed in ballast was added after the fact and you will want to make sure that it has been done well so as to not create further issues down the road.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

That is a supra beast. It was one of the first inboard ski boats that came with a big block.

If you did the stringers yourself they can be done for under 3k. If there is stringer rot that price is very high. If the stringers have been done it's a good deal. You're going to have to inspect the floor and stringers. Any soft spots or of the motor mount bolts spin then it's going to need a stringer job. That boat would be a solid boat for surfing and boarding. That tower looks pretty subject I would check all the Welds for cracks. Also check the gelcoat around the mounting plates. Any cracking you have a problem with the way it was installed. The home made ballast system I would need to see pics. If it's bags that are plumbed in then you should be good but if it's some fish tank then once again walk away. You're really going to need to go through this boat. The engine isn't correct, yes it will work, the stringers could be shot, and that tower could be a death trap.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I will definitely be checking the stringers for rot. I believe the ballast system is aluminum tanks, but the owner doesn't wakeboard and has only filled them up once according to him. What's so bad about having tanks rather than sacks? What if I could pick this thing up for $3000 or less then would that be a steal? Even if the stringers are rotten? I've seen pics of the tower and although looks homemade seems VERY sturdy and the weld job seems legit. Thanks for all the input! Keep it comin.

That tower is homemade. I would say you're safe around 2500-3000k unless you're looking at a cap off resto. Just remember the boat is never going to make you money so whatever you put in don't expect it back as an investment.

So according to the owner the motor is mounted onto the fiberglass? What the heck? I'm headed to inspect this boat Monday. Is that even possible or safe?

Walk away from this thing!

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Default 1986 Supra Comp ts6m

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    Walk away from this thing!
    Walk only of you can't run. This has migraine and money pit written all over it.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski