Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mabbore View Post
    Actually all of my snaps are about 1.5" below the rub rail. I have never caught anything on them.
    It will happen one day. Trust me!

Actually all of my snaps are about 1.5" below the rub rail. I have never caught anything on them.
    Mine too. I bought the boat with the snap on cover already fitted so I never considered that it was an after market addition. In my case my boat sits at the dock all summer, and I like to keep it covered, I can't imagine trying to fit a tie down style cover while the boat is afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    Mine too. I bought the boat with the snap on cover already fitted so I never considered that it was an after market addition. In my case my boat sits at the dock all summer, and I like to keep it covered, I can't imagine trying to fit a tie down style cover while the boat is afloat.
    Easy done actually!
    Just came in off the boat an hour ago.
    Two minutes at most!
    Each has their own preference however!

I guess I was mistaken as to how those covers go on. I thought they had to tie with straps that went under the boat. No way I can put my cover on in two minutes. More like five, ten if it's raining

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    I guess I was mistaken as to how those covers go on. I thought they had to tie with straps that went under the boat. No way I can put my cover on in two minutes. More like five, ten if it's raining
    I simply throw the front of the cover over the front of the bow.
    Stand in center of boat just behind windshield and pull cover back towards me as I snug it up at the nose as a result.
    I clip in the front pole that "tents " the cover and pull rest of tarp to back seat area where I clip in rear tent pole.
    Step onto the swim grip and snug the corners of tarp over the corners of boat and then take the cord at center rear of tarp , pull tight and fix a double slip knot to hold?
    Done!
    I should point out that I have never trailered with the tarp on but that is a whole different subject that appeared on this forum about a year ago.

Ordered both of mine from boatcoversdirect.com. I have a 2000 launch and an 87 Marauder. They price match and the quality of the thick Sunbrella is superb. I have found that even with direct fit covers you'll still need poles even though they say you dont. The covers do stretch after a month of being on. But that's the material. Maybe since you're in texas they'll shrink more than stretch like mine did on the east coast. Fast shipping and free shipping. Find a cover you like online for cheap and they'll match the price. Snagged my Marauder cover for $250.00 and it's direct fit.

These covers have a since rope tgat you tie at the transome and then 10 straps to use while towing.