Default What is this sound? Replacing Flex Plate

Alright, I think I have about a dozen posts going right now so I figure why not one more. Can anyone tell me what this "clacking" sound is all about? Every time is does it the drive shaft jumps ever so slightly. I am guessing something in the trans that might either be going out or out of adjustment. Any thoughts? Is this something serious?

Edit: anyone able to explain how to post a video? I have tried everything including reducing the video size and nothing is working. I think you need to see the video to hear what is going on.
    Last edited by dbruesehoff; 06-09-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

Most frequently a clacking at the tranny is the flex plate going bad. Hopefully you have something else, as the tranny has to come out to replace the flex plate.

I wish I could post the video. The noise and "jolt" when it happens is when the motor is idling and also when I have the throttle in the slowest forward position. When I am on plane and cruising the noise and jolt are gone. Still sound like the same issue?

If someone can help me get the video posted that would help clarify what the sound is.
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

So after doing a lot more research on this forum I believe that this is my flex plate going bad. Sounds like the symptoms are spot on to that issue. Looks like another order to Skidim tomorrow so I can try to get back on the water this weekend.
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

Flex plate would be my guess.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Here is a link to the video.

https://youtu.be/KrcvG29VF14
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

Sorry, wish it was better news. The flex plate is relatively cheap. It's just a ton of labor to replace it.

Yeah that's what I figured. I am working on trying to track one down. Skidim doesn't have one in stock. Anyone have any other places I should check? Would this be something I could get at a NAPA or similar?
    1988 Supra Saltare - 454

I doubt you could get it at a NAPA or something... but it can't hurt to ask.

You could try White Lake Marine, they're a big PCM (via Correct Craft) dealer and have a fantastic parts department. Otherwise, Skidim is one of a very small number of online parts dealers that is a direct PCM dealer... maybe the only one that isn't also a marina.