Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default High speed surfing

So yesterday I saw a YouTube of Kelly slater surfing behind a boat. Looked like around a 30' rope maybe 15 ish mph. Google it, I tried to recreate what I saw.

I loaded both stock ballast on my f21 and surfed a 25' rope at 16 mph. Fun as hell. Boat was evenly weighted so we were trying to jump the wake back n forth. Could actually ride with out the rope for a while in the sweet spot which surprised me. Felt like a new sport, big ol carves. It was amazing how much faster it felt than reg. surfing at 11.5 mph. Anyone tried this ?

That is pretty cool. It's like a cross between wakeboarding and surfing LOL. I love when he jumps wake to wake.
    Here is the video:
    http://videos-c-5.ak.instagram.com/h...50591969_n.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by jennecarter View Post
    So yesterday I saw a YouTube of Kelly slater surfing behind a boat. Looked like around a 30' rope maybe 15 ish mph. Google it, I tried to recreate what I saw.

I loaded both stock ballast on my f21 and surfed a 25' rope at 16 mph. Fun as hell. Boat was evenly weighted so we were trying to jump the wake back n forth. Could actually ride with out the rope for a while in the sweet spot which surprised me. Felt like a new sport, big ol carves. It was amazing how much faster it felt than reg. surfing at 11.5 mph. Anyone tried this ?
    I couldn't find the video your talking about. Do you have a link?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

ROFL. me and my friends call that Skurfing. Ya know, like back in the day when wakeboarding was first invented?

Come on, some of your must be old enough to remember...

Seriously though, my buddies kids do it all the time. surfboards at about 15mph.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    ROFL. me and my friends call that Skurfing. Ya know, like back in the day when wakeboarding was first invented?

Come on, some of your must be old enough to remember...

Seriously though, my buddies kids do it all the time. surfboards at about 15mph.
    Yeah, hahaha, I remember "SKURFING" back in the day! I was young,proabably 12 my older brother was 17, it was behind a 14ft flat bottom boat (we used to check the crab pots for Dunganess on the Hood Canal WA.) and it had a 25 HP outboard motor, ahhh those were the days!

i used to do this all the time when i fisrt started surfing but couldnt go ropeless. its actually a lot of fun.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by devovino View Post
    Yeah, hahaha, I remember "SKURFING" back in the day! I was young,proabably 12 my older brother was 17, it was behind a 14ft flat bottom boat (we used to check the crab pots for Dunganess on the Hood Canal WA.) and it had a 25 HP outboard motor, ahhh those were the days!
    My lake cabin is 10 minutes from the Hood Canal
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=scott%20woodland&sm=1
    skurfing in August folly beach south Carolina. Behind a fishing boat
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    My lake cabin is 10 minutes from the Hood Canal
    Just saw this, Ahh nice area! Do you frequent there, and what lake would that be?

Hey everyone just enjoying that video again and thought I would repost for everyone

http://www.theinertia.com/surf/kelly...behind-a-boat/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk