Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1988 Supra Mariah - Tower questions and picture request

All,

I have been lurking the forums for the past three or four weeks, and have found tons of helpful knowledge and information on here. Thanks! I just picked up an 88 Mariah last night from a family friend and plan on giving her a facelift. I am interested in installing an Aerial Freeride tower. I like the New Dimension Towers, but I really like the forward raked looked of the Aerial Freeride tower. Does anyone have any experience in dealing with Aerial or their products? I am curious to hear about the quality of their products and your dealings with them. Just trying to do my homework before I pull the trigger on anything.

I am also looking for pictures of anyone that may own a Mariah with a tower installed in it. Anything you have would be great! I will start a build/rebuild thread once I get my project underway. Currently waterproofing the basement at home, so the boat project is still a week or two out.

Thank you in advance,

Luke

This is a Monster Tower MT2 with their bimini cover. boat side.jpgboat side 1.jpg
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

Boat looks sharp! Thank you.

I have an 88 Supra Mariah with the Freeride Aerial Tower.IMG_0037.JPGIMG_0039.JPGIMG_0038.JPG

flipz how did you support the gunnels under the tower legs?

I have a Big Air Cuda tower on my Comp, it is supposed to be a forward sweeping tower but I liked the traditional look better for my boat. I like the fact that there is 1 solid bolt at each attach point instead of 4 smaller bolts. (less holes in your boat) I backed the mounts up with 3/4 board and made them 3x as long as the metal backing plates and as wide as I could, then installed metal backing plates.

Big Air tower.jpg
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    flipz how did you support the gunnels under the tower legs?
    I actually bought the boat with the tower already installed. I am working on the upholstery now so I have the speakers out and I took some pictures. looks like 3/4" wood backing plates were used.IMG_0259.jpgIMG_0259.jpg

flipz96, I would definetly love to see a thread about your boat with pictures. It looks super clean, the tower and wrap make it look like a modern boat. Would like to read about the Wake shape, you seem to load it with ballast etc.
    Cheers
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I have the Aerial Airborne on my Sunsport. The company was easy to deal with and I didn't have any issues. It's a solid tower for the money and we've enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    flipz96, I would definetly love to see a thread about your boat with pictures. It looks super clean, the tower and wrap make it look like a modern boat. Would like to read about the Wake shape, you seem to load it with ballast etc.
    Cheers
    Thanks! I'm in the process of pulling the cap off and doing a full stringer restore. I have some pictures that I sent off for upholstery quotes that I'll attach. The best quote I found so far is $2900. Seems a bit pricey being that my upholstery isn't that bad. . My set up is 1100# on the surf side of the engine box and 350 in the bow. It puts up a pretty decent clean wave. IMG_0015.jpgIMG_0014.jpgIMG_0009.jpgIMG_0007.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images