Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Last edited by Awill10291; 04-20-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Yup, that's a packing nut and you need 1/4" packing if you have a 1" shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    Yup, that's a packing nut and you need 1/4" packing if you have a 1" shaft.
    Just ordered the 1/4 Gore tex stuff.

Your packing gland:

Looks like a standard rope packing gland. Appears to be adjusted all the way in, which means it's time to repack it. Fresh packing and you should be golden. If the hose appears old or is cracked at all you may as well replace it. If your shaft appears at all worn where the old packing was then make the new hose either slightly shorter or longer to ride on a fresh section of shaft.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/boa/5074562812.html tons and tons of new parts. Call for details!

Pulled her out of storage today. Have some more funds to put into the Beast. Never going back to that mechanic. **NOTE: STILL OVERHEATING. It's NOT the thermostat, regular water pump, imperller, or THE HEADS. Had the heads taken to a machine shop and grinded down. Raw water pump was never replaced. Only Impeller. Unfortunately almost no mechanic/boat shop will take a look at my boat because it's so old and has the engine swap. Does ANYONE know of a knowledgable boat mechanic in the Omaha/Council Bluffs/or Lincoln area? Would anyone be down to skype me with my boat hooked up to a fake a lake to determine the overheating issue? Talked to a few guys at the boat show this past Sunday, and they said it's likely the raw water pump. Either needs a rebuild or a whole new pump like other have mentioned on this forum (although according to mechanic that had worked on it the last year it had plently of water flow when hooked up to a fake a lake).... I did talk to a boat mechanic in Omaha today that said it's likely the timing and that the timing needs to be exact and tuned up perfectly in order for the 460 truck engine to run at a normal temperature. He said that should be the first thing I should have a mechanic check and that at idle should be set at 9? and at 32 or 33 when at TOTAL ADVANCE... Of course none of that terminology means anything to me. Any more advice/help from anyone is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Awill10291; 02-29-2016 at 08:38 PM.