Continued from my previous post on the repair forum. After doing some more homework I did the exact what users told me not to do, and I bought the 1986 jerry rigged Supra Beast. I ended up picking the boat up for just $1500, after pointing out the rotten stringers and multiple other issues. I have a budget of around $9,000 to invest in this restoration project. My uncle is owns a wood working company, and has all the tools and equipment necessary to do just about anything. He also is very familiar with boats and his good friend owns a marine shop in NE. This boat has a strong running 460 ford big block engine, that has been properly marinized according to my mechanic. What I would like to know is what else should be done for this boat restoration besides the stringers? The floor has no soft spots and appears to be in good shape.

Do you have to take the boats cap off to do the stringers? (from what I've learned the boat cap is the top of the boat?)
Do you have to take the bottom of the boat off as I've seen from pictures and videos?
My uncle has a 92 mastercraft, which he says has aluminum stringers. He said he was thinking maybe we could put aluminum stringers in instead of wood? Is that possible?
What is the transom? Does the transom need to be replaced? What other specific parts may need to be replaced to restore this boat?
The home made tower is actually more sturdy than my dad's 2003 sea ray 220's, and the weld job is solid.
In my previous post some users said to run away from this boat, because it has custom jerry rigged aluminum ballast tanks, both in the front and the back of the boat. I plan on redoing the ballast system and using sacks if the aluminum ballast tanks are not recommended, although I never got an explanation why.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated, and thanks again to those that have replied in the past! I look fwd to this project and will post photos throughout the process. (This is a 5-7 month project) I am fully confident that my uncle can do a great job on this boat, and anything I can't find on here he will be able to find out through the local marina, but I would love to have some knowledge going into this from here. Thanks guys!

http://s22.postimg.org/4nepgz1r5/image.jpg