Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1. The custom ballast tanks are just the wood. Is this even safe or acceptable? As I said before, all pumps work and the wooden ballasts are completely sealed with what seems to be like a fiberglass epoxy. There are no leaks, but how shanty is this? If there are no leaks does it even seem sufficient?
    2. Once the wood top is sealed back down my question is how do you know the wooden ballasts are full? Does the pumps stop after they are full or do i just need to know from experience. The top of the wood ballasts is screwed in with sealant.
    3. We are gonna put new carpet in the boat. What kind of glue do you use?

Thanks guys.

Thats a nasty looking fiberglass crack in the first pic where the starboard meets the transom....
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

What's the best way to go about fixing that? It has been that way since I nearly purchased this boat in 2011 in IA and has not gotten any worse. Is that a bad spot for a crack? It's only cracked on the inside.

1. Been researching some past forums. Should I pull the floor and check the foam? These floors are solid. There is no soft spots what so ever. The floor has a resin on it and is very solid.

2. We are putting in new carpet. What kind of carpet should we put in? Is there special boat carpet? I see some online but wanna make sure we do this right.

3. As you see the ballast tanks from my previous post, there is actually fiberglass that was put down in the tanks before the resin was put down and sealed so it looks very professional, although creative and sketchy. ha. any comments on those tanks and system. AGAIN NO LEAKS WHAT SO EVER, AND ALL PUMPS WORK DRAIN AND FILL. Kind of impressive how someone put all this together in my opinion. any opinion helps but be nice please haha : )

Not sure abou the best repair for the crack, but im sure others here will know what to do with it. Is the crack just on the gel coat? it almost looks like the fiberglass is cracking by the size if the crack. imho, you already have the carpet up, check the foam, its not much more work from here. From what i have read, almost ALL older boats have soggy foam, rotting away the floors and stringers. If you do end up using those home made ballast tanks, id put another coat of reisen on them inside and out to make sure they dont leak in the future.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Nice beast! I'm kinda blown away that it has a 460! It's cool. I've only seen the beasts with a 454. I'm a ford guy too and would love to have a 460 in my conbrio!

The beaSt is getting there. New carpet is it. Re sealed all wooden ballast tanks. Took tower off and am working away at chiseling away at the rhino liner that the previous owner sprayed on. I am going to get my tower powder coated white. All white everything! Had 800 of engine work done. Needed new distributor cap and carb Kit. My boat mechanic came to find that the boat has an automotive starter and fuel pump and after reading I had better change those ASAP. I plan on fixing the crack in the back by spraying foam to sturdy up behind the fiberglass, and then doing the fiberglass repair. Putting $1500 stereo in the beaSt here soon. Just praying she will run most the summer. Motor starts and runs strong now, and boat marina said stringers are in decent shake. Here is a pic.

https://imageshack.com/i/ipDq0Kzzj

Help! Where can I fin aND purchase the inserted caps for my 1986 supra beast that go where my blower and Ballast tanks drain? ?the caps on the rear end of the boat! I can't find any online. What are they even called to search for them? Please let me know. Thanks guys.

Vents? ? Assuming they are called vents. ..

Default 1986 Supra Beast Project 460 Ford Motor

http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp...0142&id=118486

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare