Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah, I guess I was having a bad night. Just wanting some helpful answers. I have some ideas now, just be some time before I put them into action.

Bowz
    03 SSV 1180FWD, 750'S AFT, ACME1433, GETTO GATES FOR BOTH SIDES
    05 CUMMINS EXTRA AIR AND EVEN MORE FUEL (MAIN TOW RIG)
    08 FJ TRAIL TEAMS ED (10 MIN OR LESS TO THE RIVER TOW RIG)
    01 JETTA TDI

Well you guys were right, ended up saying screw the whole truck and get a new one.

2015 Duramax

Bowz

Bowz
    01 JETTA TDI

Nice rig, how do you like it?

Thanks I love it, have not looked back! Haven't pulled anything with it but dead-heading city/town 19mpg. Couldn't touch that with my dodge w/37's. Drives so nice! This summer I will be able to actually have fun behind the boat and not worry about getting the boat back in the driveway cause I'm acting younger than my body is.

Bowz
    01 JETTA TDI

Nice new truck!!!

As far as your problems with the old set up we're concerned I think the only thing you could have done would have been to spread the soot out as much as possible, like duals down low and full semi mud flaps. You could have also maybe made a Venturi style exhaust tip to help dilute the soot some...maybe

Anyways at least you have a truck supported by efi live now! Throw a transgo shift kit in it and find a used dpf to core out as a delete pipe and enjoy!

running attack man

Quote Originally Posted by War wagon View Post
    Nice new truck!!!

As far as your problems with the old set up we're concerned I think the only thing you could have done would have been to spread the soot out as much as possible, like duals down low and full semi mud flaps. You could have also maybe made a Venturi style exhaust tip to help dilute the soot some...maybe

Anyways at least you have a truck supported by efi live now! Throw a transgo shift kit in it and find a used dpf to core out as a delete pipe and enjoy!

Yes it is, I've got it tuned by Korry Willis and love it! Have a mbrp 3" DP to 4" straight pipe for exhaust. I am running the lowest setting and it is quick enough for me, with hardly any smoke, Hope to get Kory's TCM tuning to hold me off until I get a built trans.

Bowz
    01 JETTA TDI

Sweet!!!

I can't get away with the straight pipe on my truck because I haul a lot of material for work and get hassled by the highway patrol to often, that's why I suggested coring out a used dpf for a stealth delete pipe.

Are you going to lift it like the last one or level it out? The black factory alloys look good by the way

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a reverse level with some sulastic shackles. I lowedered the Cummins 3 inches the last year I had it. Would have gone down another 3 to factory if it was possible. Much more practicable.

Will be hooking to the boat tomorrow to drop off at the shop for a new strut bearing.

Bowz
    01 JETTA TDI