Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Skiers Choice Pro Edge Tower Pod Adapter Group Buy

Posting for Freshturk as he no longer has posting privileges her and has not been able to get ahold of a Mod.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...714#post253714

We are going to be removing the OEM pods on his new Supra in order to install his Rev-8's that hung on his previous Moomba. We are in the process of having custom aluminum pod adopters fabricated, that will allow for aftermarket pods to be mounted in the OEM Pro Edge upper and lower locations.

They will not be polished or power coated. I will work on those options deeper into winter, or work on that per request, if no one is in a super big hurry for their brackets.

We are working on adapters for both the upper and lower OEM locations.

If Fresh-T can get his posting restored, i'll let him fallow with cost and ordering details. if not, I will post that later. Right now, we are testing the waters for interest. We will at least be doing one pair of uppers for his boat. Direct any questions regarding the mounts, to me.

Speaker pod options:

Direct mount to the Kicker KMTE-S

Wet Sounds X-Mount pods

Wet Sounds Pods with TC3-S swivel clamp

Exile pods with swivel clamp

Once there is an approximate number to be made, I can then get an ETA on fabrication.

Shipping will be USPS Regional-A box, so it should not be more than $10.00, just to give you an idea of your all-in.

OEM Upper

OEM Lower

Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Update from Freshturk in the Moomba thread

Alright, pricing is as follows:

Upper mounts: $150/pair
    Lower mounts: $160/pair

This is a good deal because chances are if you go to your own installer, youre going to have to pony up the cost of the initial fab work. This way were doing it for you.

For orders please either PM me or email me at [email protected]
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

These are probably going into full production by the end of the week, for those that are interested. Also working on getting a quote for powder coating. I will probably only have a few extra pairs done for in-house use, so if you are interested, let me know.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

FYI for FreshTurk, Michael ...

The moderator page says that the site is waiting for FreshTurk to respond to a confirmation email - that would grant him final access to this site to be able to write.
    I don't have the privileges to overwrite this part. If he can find the email and respond to it (it may have expired) - then he would have access to write here.

He is a user on this site, and is not banned - but must respond to the email from this forum to be able to do so.

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

The prototype base plates have been test-fit, so we are ready to go to production. I am also looking into having the blank lower base plate done that will allow the lower factory speakers to be removed when only a single pair of aftermarket speakers will be used. These blanks would cover the cavity left by the removed lower OEM speakers.

Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Michael,

If you talk to FreshTurk - it's my understanding that the "user validation" email has been resent -- he needs to respond to it to be able to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    Michael,

If you talk to FreshTurk - it's my understanding that the "user validation" email has been resent -- he needs to respond to it to be able to post here.
    If he has not responded, he may not have seen it. I will email him this info.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Well i didnt get an email but sure enough something must have went through because now I can post. Thanks!

Ah, the administrator must have just changed your permissions! Glad to help - sorry it took so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    The prototype base plates have been test-fit, so we are ready to go to production. I am also looking into having the blank lower base plate done that will allow the lower factory speakers to be removed when only a single pair of aftermarket speakers will be used. These blanks would cover the cavity left by the removed lower OEM speakers.

What is different about these compared with the plates you can get from Supra? They also come on the tower when you delete the speakers from the factory.