Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperchargedC6 View Post
    What is different about these compared with the plates you can get from Supra? They also come on the tower when you delete the speakers from the factory.
    I am not familiar with what Supra supplies with the tower when tower speakers are not ordered. What I am doing, is designing and building a universal tower pod adapter that will fit the OEM speaker mounting location, allowing the owner to use a speaker other than the OEM offering pictured earlier in this thread. What you see posted by me, is just the test fitting on the prototype base. This was just to insure that we had the shape and size of the mounting plate and the bolt hole placement correct, prior to machining a final and complete production unit.

As an additional offering, I am going to make a blank base plate for the lower OEM positions. This would be for those owners that want to go with only a single pair of tower speakers in the upper locations, while removing 2 pair of OEM pods. I hope that explains it a little better.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Ok I gotcha.

FYI: this is what you can get directly from supra and what comes on the tower when you delete the speakers.

IMG_0736.jpg

When we did my tower speakers, we just attached the Rev10 swivel mounts to those. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished product!

I have test fit a working prototype for the lower and upper spots. I am making a couple minor adjustments to the final production run and these will be available. Again, these will work with the Wet Sounds TC3-S clamps and X-Mount pods, Kicker KMTS pods, Exile pods and possible others.

Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Update:

We got Freshturk's boat completed. I am really happy with the outcome of the custom mounts, although the lighting in the pics is horrible.

While we were in there installing his Wet Sounds Rev-8's on the custom fab'd adapters, we pulled out the factory tower amp to make room for his SD-2. To bring it all together, we installed his WS-420 in the under dash mount. Re-tuning the in-boat/sub amp made a huge difference. I was pleased to see Skiers Choice install the woofer in a sealed enclosure. I did detect a couple of small leaks though, but way better then running it IB. Seems to be room to do a larger sealed or small ported enclosure with no loss of leg room. For a further improvement, the OEM amp is capable 400W rms to a 2 ohm sub, where as the factory sub is only 4 ohm, thus receiving only 200W.

For those that do upgrade the tower amp wattage, you will find that the tower is wired with 14ga speaker wire, and wired for LEDs, but the boat side of the tower harness is only 16ga. We pulled that stretch out and upgraded it to 12ga.

We upgraded the 4ga cabling from the switch C post to BUS to 1/0. The factory 8ga to the tower amp was replaced with 4ga. The amp's GND runs direct to battery, bypassing the GND BUS.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Michael, Where did you get that "faceplate" for the equalizer?
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

tg,

Its the Wet Sounds bullet alum WS-420SQ Under-Dash surface mount. Holds the SQ and a BTVC and comes in black or silver. They also offer the flush-mount face plate, but it fits the SQ only and does not have a spot for the BTVC.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-420KIT.html
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

I'm sorry to drag this post back up but was wondering what everyone is now doing if they want to switch from the OME Polk speakers on the Roswell Pro Edge tower to something different. I see that JL has some adapters but they don't seem to rotate. Thanks

@Anderson,

I do not know of swivel Edge option from JL, so it would be worth a call them just to be sure.

Have you looked into the Wet Sounds Icon-8? It can be outfitted with a swivel disconnect clamp. You also have the option if going with speaker LEDs, with all wires hidden and you still retain the swivel disconnect feature.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

The swivel disconnects work nice.

My speakers sit in the house when they are not on he boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400