Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

A new chapter begins. I sold my 1992 Supra Sunsport to get a 2008 Moomba Mobius XLV 23'. My sunsport was fantastic, but I knew that we'd be happiest in a v-drive.

I was approached by a forum member on the Moomba forum with a private offer to buy his XLV. He gave me a great deal and I had it transported across the country to Indiana to Washington. I received it last night and am very happy.

Here it is this morning.

And here's to the Supra "Stormtrooper" Sunsport. It was a fantastic first boat!

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

congrats man!! looks very sharp

Very Nice, Congrats!!!!
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Very nice, If it doesn't already have it make sure to get the 1100# bags for the rear. The wave is phenomenal.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    Very nice, If it doesn't already have it make sure to get the 1100# bags for the rear. The wave is phenomenal.
    Tell me more. Have you been in a nicely setup XLV before? I'm VERY interested in knowing what was done to optimize the surf wave.

The boat came with an 1100 for the surfside locker, I think a 400 pound tube sack, and like another bag that's like 700 to 900 or something??
    I bought another new 1100, so I for sure have a pair of 1100's that I could use. I was thinking of obviously an 1100 in the surfside locker, with the other one in the basement storage (under the playpen bow). And then fill the non-surfside bag a little and see how it looks??

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Nice, she's a BEAUT!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Allen

The 1100 that goes in the locker is not the same as the playpen.

I think you would have a solid wave with (should be) factory 1180 full and Surfside 1100 full. If you want to add more, run it up under the seats where, I think, the factory cooler is.

Fiddle with the wake plate and non surf side weight a little.

It will be solid. Doesn't boonejeepin on moomba have a dialed xlv?

I know I said it on moomba but congrats again.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    The 1100 that goes in the locker is not the same as the playpen.

I think you would have a solid wave with (should be) factory 1180 full and Surfside 1100 full. If you want to add more, run it up under the seats where, I think, the factory cooler is.

Fiddle with the wake plate and non surf side weight a little.

It will be solid. Doesn't boonejeepin on moomba have a dialed xlv?

I know I said it on moomba but congrats again.
    That's the plan.

The boat didn't have the gravity 3 to start with. the previous owner bought an 1100 for the surfside and I bought another one. and beyond that there are 4 more bags to play with, plus I have a 650 rear seat bag. so lots of bag options!

I have a cutout under the port seat where there's a cooler. I guess the previous owner literally filled the cooler with concrete?!?!? Go figure.

Is there plumbing to the playpen locker? If so, you need the 1180 to take advantage of that space.

I'd put the 2nd 1100. The other locker so you are set up for both sides and slammed wakeboarding.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Oh I see the pic ... You could run to the end of that bench seat but 1100 will full most of it, at least on mine.

The 1100 and bow weight to lengthen the pocket, you will be solid Fill the playpen, maybe you could piggy back 2 bags you have?
    2006 Supra 24SSV