Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    also... are you burping the air out of your bags? Seems routine, but question to ask. They will take on a bunch of air and look full and feel full.
    I am also making assumptions that your opposite side bags are empty???
    I'm being pretty good about burping it. and yes, the non-surf locker is empty. We rode it Saturday and it was decent I guess. My buddy that was very familiar with my sunsport said I was selling it a bit short so it's possible that I'm just expecting too much. As far as the platform, I've already got a custom one built out of HDPE and hydroturf. I'm not going to hurt my OEM Platform. Just swap out to something that I believe will work better.

Here are some pics from Saturday:

I love that on this board I can get it sideways.

I thought this shot came out cool. Those dark clouds were ominous to say the least, but they never opened up on us.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

This shot actually makes the wave look pretty big. I think it's mostly camera angle though! LOL

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default 2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

I want to see pictures of your swim deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I want to see pictures of your swim deck

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...-Surf-platform

OEM:

Custom:

Comparison:

Hopefully it'll do the trick. If not, I can always trim some more.
    Last edited by trayson; 10-14-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Default 2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

Where did you get the hdpe from, and how thick is it? I thought about rebuilding the platform for my boat this winter. I kind of like that idea.

86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    Where did you get the hdpe from, and how thick is it? I thought about rebuilding the platform for my boat this winter. I kind of like that idea.

I used black 3/4" HDPE. I got it from:

Derek Couch
    Inside Sales
    Professional Plastics, Inc.
    19801 SW 95th Ave
    Tualatin, OR 97062
    PH: 503-612-1661 x 1204

Since they are local, I was able to get it for $130 shipped. I had found one on ebay for about $135 shipped.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-X-24-X-5...item3c9f301bce

If you are going to try to adhere the hydroturf to it, I was advised by another forum member to use this contact cement. I guess it's the good stuff:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*** It is worth noting that on my Sunsport, I had to go with a 62" wide platform because I had 3 platform brackets. On my XLV, I've only got 2 brackets, so I have more flexibility on width.

with mine i did two layers of 3/4 inch ac plywood. it's about 50 a sheet. and has no voids. if you glue and screw it together and epoxy or rhinoline it, it will last for years. Just another alternative.
    Trayson, i talked to my buddy with the 06 xlv and he just has the gravity games front bag. Not sure on the weight. The wave is really tall, in my opinion it could use some more length but still a really really good wave!
    Function before fashion!

has the foam held up so far adhering to the HDPE? or have you not had it on the water yet? also, are you going to build a surfgate of some sort for this rig? i know you probably don't want to drill into the hull on that thing like you did the supra, but a malibu-style gate is easy to make and attach without drilling.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    has the foam held up so far adhering to the HDPE? or have you not had it on the water yet? also, are you going to build a surfgate of some sort for this rig? i know you probably don't want to drill into the hull on that thing like you did the supra, but a malibu-style gate is easy to make and attach without drilling.
    I actually have yet to put the platform on the boat. I've made some spacers to lift the platform just 1/2" and have those pre-drilled now. I just have to slap the platform on. But I figured I'd let the contact cement cure to full strength indoors since I wasn't using the boat this week (raining right now). Weather looks good for Sunday, so I'll test it out then.

Yes, I do plan on doing some kind of gate. The shape of my hull makes it about impossible to do an NSS style gate like I did in the Supra. In the short term, I'll make one that straps on the platform like many others have done (ghetto gate). I'm not sure what I'll do in the long term...